Prologue

Scarlet's POV:
I shouldn't done that....

I thought as I head the mother shouting harsh words at me while being taken away from my parents and my butler.

"You MONSTER! YOU KILLED MY SON! I'LL SEND THE COPS TO FIND YOU AND HAVE YOU PUT IN JAIL!" The mother bellowed while bawling her eyes she holds her half dead son in her arms as she was being comforted by her husband.

"Moira, please calm down!" He reassured her.

"DO YOU HEAR ME?! YOU AND YOUR PARENTS ARE GOING TO PRISON!" She roared while being held back by her husband.

"Honey, don't shout!" He scolded, but the wife was not having it.

"Let go of me Don! That foul girl hurt our son! I won't let her and her family get away with it!" She retaliated as she struggles to break free from her husband's strong grip. Looking back at the woman's anguished expression, I lower my head against my father's shoulder while me, my parents, and my younger sister Carmen were riding on top of Ash's back, who is in his black demon dog form. I was thirteen when this happened. Why? Because...I bitten my childhood friend. It wasn't my fault...if I had suppressed my instincts more, I would've been remained friends with him. But...it's too late to turn back. What happens in the past, stays in the past.

While driven with confusion, guilt, fear, and sorrow, I felt my mother's gentle hand ran through my wet cheek. I glance at my mother with teary crimson eyes where she gave me a sad and sympathetic look.

"What you did isn't your fault Scarlet." She reassured caressing my left cheek while holding my infant sister Ruby. I lean to my mother's touch allowing her to caress my cheek with her thumb.

"Hyatt...is he gonna be okay?..." I asked curiously with a hint of fear in my eyes. My mother flinched a little when I asked that before replying.

"..I'm not quite sure, but..."

"Mommy." While trying to find the words to reply, my seven year old sister Carmen peered behind my mother's back staring up at her with aqua green eyes.

"..Are we going home now?" She asked innocently looking worried. My mother grimaced a little when she asked that before she responds to my sister with a pat on the head and pull her closer.

"I don't think we can Carmen...I'm sorry." She apologized while patting her head and cuddling her where I noticed her eyes are about to swell up with tears.

"There's no need to feel guilty Rue, we're all have our faults here. Besides, the main thing that we're focusing on is to find another place to hide." He informed widening our eyes in shock.

"Wait, we're moving?! But I don't wanna go! I have friends there!" Carmen wailed as soon as my baby sister Ruby began bawling as well. My mother sighed and pats her head gently while rocking Ruby gently back and forth to calm her down.

"I'm sorry Carmen, we have too. We have no other choice." She reassured while stroking my sister's head while trying to calm Ruby. I glance down with guilt painted on my face.

This is all my fault....

I thought feeling guilty for what I did to my close friend Hyatt. If only I could control my urges enough, I wouldn't hurt him or his family. But...I did...

Suddenly I felt my dad patting my head.

"Don't feel bad about this Scarlet, what you did wasn't your fault." He reassured. I tightened my grip on his cape while tearing up.

"I...I'm sorry father." I stammered as I felt tears sliding from my cheeks. My father shook his head and pat my head.

"I know you are...you were protecting your friend from your own instincts and I appreciate that you're trying. Please don't feel bad for yourself Scarlet, for now, we're going back to our apartment to pack our things and find another place to stay. We're not exactly sure where we could find a place, but...we'll going to be okay." He reassured. Though I remained silent, I nod at my father's words and kept my head laid on his shoulders.

"Okay father." I replied while clinging on to my father.

"Good girl. Ash head straight to our apartment, and make sure all of us stayed stealth so no one will noticed us." He ordered.

"Understood." He complied as the large black demon dog screeched around the corner and steer towards the woods to avoid being seen. As we headed straight to our home stealthy, slowly felt my eyelids blinking as I fell into a deep slumber.

This is where the story begins with my family as this was only the beginning of our lives....