88

Chapter 88 – In Which My Home Is Invaded By EXO

Deer Luhan,

You guys never give up, do you?

Leigh

I got woken up at ten to midnight by Railing barking loudly and my mum freaking out at it.  Apparently Railing had been so quiet she’d forgotten he was in the house.

The doorbell was also ringing, and I guessed that was what had set Railing off.  Rolling over, I spied my crutches beside my bed – which meant that Dad or somebody had fetched them for me – so I grabbed them and made my way out of my room.

The door was open by the time I got to the top of the stairs, from which point I was able to see who it was who had landed up on our doorstep so late at night.

“I’m so sorry.”  Sehun wouldn’t stop bowing apologetically to my parents as my dad restrained Railing from jumping at him and freaking my mum out.  Huskies had a lot of energy.  “I kind of got kicked out and Luhan said he had friends who lived here who wouldn’t mind taking me in—”

“It’s fine, it’s fine,” my dad assured him.  “He rang ahead.”

I could have sworn I could see Sehun flushing the most fantastic red.

“Dad, what the hell?” I demanded.  Everybody whipped around towards me.

“D*mn,” said my dad, absolutely shameless.  “You were supposed to wake up to find him in the house tomorrow morning.”

“Where’s he going to sleep now?” fussed my mum.  “We can’t set up the airbed in her room anymore.  It would be inappropriate now she knows he’s here.”

“Oh my God,” I groaned, slumping against the wall.  “The world is against me.”

Sehun looked from me to my parents, more than a little wary.  “I feel set up.”

“’Cos you have been.”  Even though my dad’s back was to me, I knew exactly the kind of evil grin he had on his face because I’d seen it so many times before.  “I think this one was Tao’s idea, wasn’t it, darling?”  He turned to my mum for confirmation.

“Was he one of the ones I spoke to?” my mum asked.  “Could you get the dog away, please?  I still need time to adapt.”

Dad merely passed the husky over to Sehun, who accepted Railing with a nonplussed expression.

“We’ll put you in the spare room.  It’s just next door to Leigh.”  He turned and caught sight of me still at the top of the stairs.  “And you should be asleep!”

“Railing woke me up!”

“Railing?”  Sehun looked taken aback.  “The husky?”

“Mmhmm.”  My dad nodded as he started up the staircase, gesturing for Sehun to follow him, which Sehun did after a fair amount of hesitation.  “Something about padlocks being attached to railings because of the padlock on his—”

“Dad, Dad!” I called frantically, waving my hands to distract him and accidentally dropping a crutch, but the damage was already done.  Sehun had found the padlock on Railing’s collar and he froze, going so pale I thought for a couple of moments he was going to pass out.

“Honey, you should be in bed.  You’re still recovering,” my dad told me, setting the crutches to one side and picking me up like a baby.  “Sehun, do you need pyjamas or anything?”