Chapter 31

Lena's POV

I dont know what my brother did to my wife but she hasn't woken up. I softly rubbed my baby bump and paced Kara's hospital room. My brother was dead seconds after he did this to her. All that was left of him was a blackened mark where he once stood. I paced around the room, listening to her heart beat on the monitor and Alex walked in.

"I know that I cant tell you not to stress but you really should rest. This isnt good for the baby" she said softly.

"How can I rest when she is in a coma? Our child will be here in two weeks time. I cant do this without her. I just want her to wake up and come back to us" I say.

Alex looked at me sympathetically and pulled me to her. My belly prevented her from getting her arms completely around me but I appreciated the comfort nonetheless. We both cried some and watched over Kara for a while.

"I'm going to go to Lcorp. I cant rest but I cant be here either. I'll only worry and drive myself mad" I said. Alex nodded her head in understanding and I took my leave.

I was dropped off at Lcorp by my driver and went to my office. It wasn't in use as of late but it was still mine. I gathered a stack of paperwork that had been accumulating and sat down on my couch heavily. I ran my hand over the surface and thought back to Kara and I's lunch dates. The laughs we have shared and secrets told. I briefly pictured what it would be like to have her by my side and our child playing at our feet.

With a sigh I started to work and tried to push my worries about my soulmate to the side.

Not 30 minutes later Sam walked in and smiled at me.

"Alex said you would be here. I just wanted to check on you" she explained. Sam sat beside me and I set down my paperwork with a sigh.

"I'm doing as well as I can. Kara hasn't woken up and I'm afraid she will miss the birth. I need her here with me" I choke out.

"I can tell you're stressed by how thick your accent is. Alex and the DEO are doing everything they can to figure this out. Just have a little faith and hang in there, ok?" Sam wrapped an arm around my shoulders and hugged me. Oh love, why wont you wake up?

Kara's POV

I sat in my bunk on the ship and hoped that I can figure this out. I placed my head in my hands and told myself that it wasnt real. This wasnt real. I silently cried and wished I could turn back time. To before I saw my earth erased.

I hear someone enter my room and look up to see everyone.

"Kara, we're sorry. We know this hit hard for you, it did for us too, but we need to put an end to this. We need your help" Barry says.

"I was supposed to protect them. I failed. I cant do this" I said with a shaky voice.

"You are the paragon of Hope Kara. We can get through this, but we need you with us" Jonn says.

I look up and shake my head. I know they wont give up on me. If they dont give up on me, I shouldnt give up on them. I have to find a way to bring back my planet. My soulmate.

The journey wasnt easy but we had finally got to our end point. Facing the Antimonitor. I tried to take out as many of the Phantom minions as I could and waited for it to be over. Thoughts about Lena flashed through my mind, urging me to fight harder. I punched, kicked, and smashed everything in sight. My eyes glowed with heat and the dirt beneath my feet swirled around me.

I caught a glimpse of the Antimonitor but this time his face looked like Lex Luthor. I saw a smirk appear upon his face as his eyes met mine and angered boiled within me. I fought my way through the next wave of Phantoms and made my way toward him.

He stood upon the ridge with the evil smile plastered on his face and I continued my trek. My eyes never left his and I wanted to use my heat vision. I grew near to where he stood and finally came to the top of the ridge.

"Well, if it isn't Supergirl. You don't seem like the paragon of Hope. More like the paragon of Despair. Or Failure. You couldnt save your planet. Your sister. Or you beloved Lena, could you?" He sneered. My fists clenched at my sides and I wanted to punch him.

"I know your little secret between my sister and you. It's a shame that she's so angry and filled with betrayal that she wont speak to you. You couldnt tell her your secret identity or your crush, could you?" He continued.

"Telling yourself that you were protecting her, but really you were just acting like a selfish human. This soulmates bond seems to be wearing off isn't it? Now that I've gotten rid of that problem for you I can execute my next phase of my plan. Can you defeat me? Or will you just crumble like you did with my sister?"

I could feel tears stinging my eyes and turned away from him. This dream is slowly tearing me apart. I knew Lex must be controlling it in some way. As I stood there thinking about how to wake up Lex had approached me. He stood close enough that I could reach out and choke him.

"Be a good girl and know when to back down. Once you are gone I can go back for my sister. Using her to torture you here was fun, but the real entertainment is in the real world. How you manipulated her with your soulmates story is impressive, but your child will finally be the true Luthor mother wanted with my help" Lex whispered in my ear.

At that moment I knew that he was controlling everything that was happening. I knew for a fact that this wasnt real. Since this wasnt real, I didn't have to worry about actually killing someone. My hand shot out at lightening speed and held Lex by the throat. I lifted him off the ground and glared up at him.

"You may think you can control this dream, but I'm taking over. My morals and ways forbid me from harming another living creature. Seeing as this is not real, I have no problem in putting just a little bit of pressure" I growl. My hand squeezes around Lex's throat tighter and I could hear him straining to breathe.

"You release me from this fucking dream or I will torture you with your own tools" I snarl. I see a flash of fear cross Lex's features and a bright white light flashes and blinds me.

Honestly, I'm pissing myself off in writing this. I love Lex in the real Supergirl, but let's face it he's a weasel. I hope this story is still entertaining for you raccoons. I would love to hear from you and know if I can make this better for you. Comments would be much appreciated. If you're enjoying the story then thank you for the support and will see you next chapter! Not sure when it will be up but just keep your eyes open!