Chapter 3

Hak's POV

"You're not by Princess Yona's side today?" Min-Soo asked me, as he poured some Sake in a glass for me.

I drank it in one go, before looking at Min-Soo. "Nah. She's with Soo-Won-Sama tonight anyways. Nothing will happen to her." Min-Soo nodded before frowning as if he wanted to ask something but was debating on it.

After a moment of silence, he finally started to ask, "And what of the whereabouts of Hazel?" Min-Soo bit his lip, his eyes lighting up with determination and curiosity to know the answer.

My heart thumped loudly as I heard her name. I swear...the affect she has on me... I sighed dreamily as I thought about those eyes and those plump lips and that naughty tongue that licked me and- wait that sounded so wrong on so many levels!

"General Hak?!" Min-Soo looked at me concerned. "Ah yes, sorry Min-Soo. Hazel hasn't gotten out of her room at all, after her present for Yona, which as seen, was an expensive looking crystal flower, was broken into pieces." My lips drew themselves into a thin line.

"I see. That's understandable as I have seen her work extra hours for a small cent just to get the Princess the flower she's been wanting. I guess she's just sad that she didn't get to thank Yona and give her the present." Min-Soo frowned in concern.

'How odd. I hadn't noticed that she worked extra hours- exactly when and where did she work extra hours at?'

  "Sir...do you think the royal family is in danger?" I stopped gulping my sake and turned to Min-Soo.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...Something feels extremely off. There have been a plethora of strange occurrences happening to the King and the Princess, as well as Hazel. You had mentioned a few days ago that Hazel was walking in thought and she had slipped on a weapon and nearly fell into the execution trap room, and you spotted a statue staring towards your direction that day right? For starters, the corridor Hazel or in this case you and Lord Soo-Won walked into, is always locked, and marked red, being guarded 24/7. It's a wonder how she was able to get in there- second, a weapon isn't allowed near there as it could trigger traps and might destroy the castle, oh and that statue- its impossible to have." Min-Soo explained.

"So what you're saying is..." My eyes widened, in frustration and realization.

"Yes Son Hak. We don't have a statue in that room or even in the castle. Somebody planned all of this. Most likely to get rid of Hazel or..." At that moment a scream was heard as I immediately raced to the courtyard and protected the Princess from a dangerous blow she was about to take.

"H-Hak...are you on my side?" Princess Yona asked slowly and quietly, as if all of hope itself was lost.

"Lord Soo-Won was going to be here tonight so I decided to stay out of your way and give you two privacy. The guards that were patrolling tonight are all gathered here, with even some that I don't recognize. Heh. Where is the King, Lord Soo-Won?" My eyes turned cold and steely as I grasped the situation and gazed at Soo-Won for an answer.

"I just sent him to hell a moment ago." The cold words had me steaming with anger as I ran towards him and attacked him, which he defended himself.

"SOO-WON?! YOU KILLED OUR KING?! YOU KILLED OUR KIND KING?!"

As we kept fighting a squeak came from Princess Yona, as I turned towards her, I saw her taken hostage.

"PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPON RAIJUU, OR SHE DIES." I slowly put my weapon down on the floor as I looked at Yona.

"Oh and Hazel?" Me and Yona both whipped our heads towards Soo-Won.

"She was...quite difficult to take care of- but don't worry I've put her to sleep and I'll make sure she's properly taken care of." Soo-Won said monotonously, as Yona's sobs grew louder at his words.