Chapter 1

3rd Person POV

  "It has been 10 years since my father, the late King Junam, passed away. Our kingdom, Kouka, is a small country surrounded by powerful nations all around. Our precious kingdom has been plunged into war uncountable times." The current emperor's voice echoed throughout the silent and serene courtyard.

  A certain raven head looked around annoyed, barely being able to pay attention to King Il. He looked around trying to find a certain red headed princess, and a brunette maid who were supposed to attend.

  "Fortunately, during these ten years our kingdom..." King Il continued.

  Meanwhile....

Hazel's POV

I sighed with exhaustion, and an irked smile drew itself on my face, as I gazed at the person standing before me in all her grace.

There in all her glory she stood. The sunlight shined its pure light on her, as it made her gorgeous, luscious, curly red bouncy locks pop out. Her face adorned with a slight tint of makeup, that she didn't even need, as she was so beautiful already. Yes. It was, all hail her highness, Princess Yona of the Hiryū Kingdom.

Meet Yona-hime, my best female friend. She's known to be the most attractive and good-looking princess in all of the kingdom with rare colored red locks. She's as beautiful inside as she is on the outside. Although, she's a tiny bit spoiled I'm not gonna lie, but she's really good at heart. Besides, it's not her fault! Poor girl grew up as a rich kid and hasn't seen the outside reality yet!

Being her best friend, and personal maid or servant, however you'd like to address me, it can be tiring! Take this current moment as an example.

"Princess Yona? We should really be heading out to the courtyard now", a timid maid requested as even she had grown exhausted.

"Not yet! I don't look good enough! You! Hand me that purple Kimono!" Yona demanded pointing at a simple yet charming kimono.

'Dang. That kimono is actually really nice...hmm...I wonder if Yona will let me borrow it whenever it's some fancy dinner party, or well, whenever I want to go out on a date maybe...hmm...' I thought as I gapped openly at the kimono I somehow have never spotted in her closet.

"Hmm...it's quite a nice kimono..." Yona muttered as we all sighed in relief, wanting to return to our own duties, as the Princess goes out to the courtyard.

"...But it's not quite my color!" Our expressions changed into horror as our mistress began her ordering again.

"Princess Yona. It's getting late." I decided to step in as I tried to convince her with a small smile and big eyes.

Min-Soo caught on to what I was doing and nodded his head gracefully, before adding, "My mistress. Hazel-Chan is absolutely correct. We must hurry up, as the ceremony does seem to be following an end."

Meet Min-Soo! He's my partner in crime~ Don't tell him I said this, but I think he's really cute. Demo...! Not in that way! I am attracted to him, and I do think he's attractive- but saying that I love him like that is a bit far fetched for me- He's like a brother maybe even the brother...wait what am I saying? Ahhh forget it!

"Please be patient! I'm also finished getting ready" The gorgeous princess replied as she perfumed her clothes one more time.

The door cracked open, and just as quick was opened fully, as a chubby figure entered the room. Immediately, me and Min-Soo bowed, as the others also followed, bowing in greetings.

Meet the current king of Hiryū Kingdom, King Il. We're not as close as he and Yona are, but still are quite acquainted with each other if I do point out so myself. He's a somewhat cool dude- super nice actually! He's a really nice father to Yona! I'd be lying if I said he's not somewhat of a father figure to me as well. I just have this weird feeling though- you know that feeling where you're not extremely close to somebody but you still somehow like em? Yeah that's the feeling I get around King Il. What I don't get is why he pretends to be so clumsy and weak but in reality isn't...?