The Lunar Prince

Rouge's POV
I silently squealed when Sonic kissed Shadow! I knew this was going to happen! I can't wait to tell Vanilla, Cream and Cheese! I watched them pull away. Shadow was blushing red and Sonic shyly covered his face. I quietly took a photo without them noticing and sent it to them. Shadow got up first helped Sonic to get up. I stood up and saw something glowing somewhere.

Sonic and Shadow must've saw it too. That's when we all took off running to see what it was. Sonic was the first who made it obviously. Followed by Shadow and I. There were a bunch of jewels everywhere! I couldn't help but try to touch one but I felt my hand get slapped by Shadow. "Don't even think about it bat." He glared at me making me pout him and Sonic quietly giggle.

Sonic's POV
I quietly giggled when Shadow slapped Rouge's hand since there's so many gems in this cave. I looked around and saw a faint purple glow causing me to walk towards it with Shadow and Rouge behind me. We got closer and closer until we saw a book? We came here for a freaking book?! "Oh, it's just a book." Rouge shrugged. Shadow walked to it and grabbed it.

He blew the dust off of it causing me to sneeze like a kitten. Rouge awwed and Shadow smirked at me. "What?" I asked. "Didn't know that you're cute when you sneeze." Shadow kept smirking at me, making me blush. "St-Stop it! I'm not cute!" I pouted. They both chuckled. Shadow then looked back at the book. "This book is something about the Lunar Prince." He said. I froze at those two words.

"Sonic, is there something wrong?" Rouge asked me with worry. "N-Nothing! Absolutely nothing!" I lied. Rouge looked at me with worry still then shrugged it off. I sighed in relief. They shouldn't know. I quickly snatched the book from Shadow making him look at him look at me with concern and confusion. "Sonic?" He asked me. "It's nothing, really! I just wanna read it!" I lied again. I quickly ran out of the cave, leaving them behind.

Shadow's POV
I looked at Rouge and she looked at me. We both were concerned and confused. Something is suspicious about Sonic and I'm going to find out why he's acting like that when he snatched the book away from me.

"Shadow, I think Sonic's hiding something from us."