пятнадцать

Start from the beginning

"I can not believe that she slipped past you, Hotchner. But I suppose she was always a good liar. She's a spy, it's what she's best at. She could tell you the impossible and make you believe in it. You should really do your research. You never know whose going to back-stab you next."

I felt the tip of the blade against my shoulder, as she dug deeper, slowly slicing down, making me grit my jaw. But I showed no sign of defeat. I was going to let her defeat me. Not Nadia. Not now. Never.

"And now, your trust in her is gone. She has nothing now. So I'll make it easier for her. I'll kill her, once I have my fun in hurting her, to get my revenge for her hurting me. Little soldier, give them a smile."

"Aaron Hotchner never trusted me. None of them did."

I chose my words carefully, staring directly into the camera. The knife had stopped slicing my skin open, as instead she froze, a glare burning into the side of my head - I felt it.

"I didn't have a past, not to them. I wasn't trusted, but he showed me leniency. Because he respected me. He gave me a chance. You never got respect. I got everything you want because you made me into something you wished to be."

Her fist collided with my cheek, making my head fly to the side. But that didn't stop me, you see? I loved this. This was what I was born for. And I say this once more with chest - I've hunted for less, killed for more, but never with as much pleasure.

"Aaron Hotchner saw the will to conquer my fears without doubting myself in me. I didn't back down. I wasn't a coward. You always had that. Fear. That's why you haven't pulled the trigger yet. You don't want to let me go. I pity you, you wasted your whole life trying to be a somebody and ended up a nobody, so you thought by making me, you would be known to greater than me. The creator. You wanted to be someone, but that's never going to happen."

Her hand gripped my hair, pulling me back in the chair. It balanced on two legs as she grabbed the gun from the table, placing it against the back of my head.

"Keep talking! We'll see what happens, you-"

"We'll see what happens? And what will happen, huh? You kill me, then what? They sing you praises? They'll write your story? You don't have a story, Nadia. You're simply a footnote in mine."

I retreat into my memories. Far and deep. I remember everything. Everything I've been through. The attempts of trying to start a new life, the killings, the torture. What I put myself and others through for Nadia.

"I am Valentizina Alianovna. I spent so long running. I was afraid of my own shadow but not anymore. After all this, I am still me. Who I am can't be erased - destroyed. I have survived far worse than this!"

She let me go, yet the gun remained attached to my head as I stared into the lense of the camera.

"You words are irrelevant to me, Nadia. I don't need to trust anyone if I have trust in myself. I have been here many times before."

The pain reminds me that I am alive. I'm not afraid. But as my mind goes back to everything that got took away from me, I began to feel the anger that was always there. The rage.

"I am through being a plaything. A pawn. I was made in a place like this. I will not die in the hands of a coward who made me for their pleasure. I remember. I thrive. I am Valentizina Alianovna."