Chapter 5- Rewritten

Start from the beginning

        "Don't treat me with kid gloves, boy," Henry says. "Just get this over with."

       Sean stiffens at the condescending tone Henry has. Owen and Axel share a look before Axel says, "Maybe not the best idea to piss off the person who's treating you."

Nobody says anything and then Sean shakes his head before pouring the alcohol on Henry's wound. Henry winces as the wound starts producing smoke. Taylor and I share a confused look. What the hell did that demon do to him?

Sean's eyes narrow as he looks at the wound. "Something's wrong."

No shit.

"There's something in the wound," he explains. "I'm going to have to extract it before I can continue. I don't have my equipment with me, does anybody have a knife?"

       "I don't know if this will suit you," I pull out a knife, "But I have this one."

He inspects the knife after taking it from me.  "This will do just fine." He pours alcohol on the blade to disinfect it. "Can I get a rag?"

Jami gets a clean rag from behind the bar and gives it to Sean. He then hands it to Henry. "Bite down on this. This is going to hurt."

Henry surprisingly doesn't fight him on it. He rolls it up before stuffing it into his mouth. Sean sticks the silver point of the blade into the wound, causing it to bleed even more.

We can all hear Henry's muffled cries through the rag. It's very hard to watch. But he finally pulls something out of the wound, but I can't make out what it is.He drops it in the nearest ashtray and pours alcohol on it before pulling out a lighter.

       "What are you doing?," I ask.

"Magic trick," he winks.

He lights the thing on fire, the alcohol helping the flame spread. The flame gets higher and higher until whatever it was that came from Henry's arm turns to ashes.

At the same time, the yellow around Henry's wound seems to disappear altogether like it was never there. "It should be fine now," Sean says. "I just need to disinfect it."

He pours a little more alcohol onto a clean rag from Jami and gently dabs the wound. Suddenly, the wound starts closing. And then it's somehow gone.

"Okay, wow," Taylor shakes her head. "That was amazing."

"I'll have my assistant send you the bill," Sean smiles at her.

This is the first time today I haven't had to fight the urge to smack him across the face. He might be insufferable, but he did just save Henry's arm.

Henry gets up and shakes Sean's hand. "That was horrendous, but thank you."

All Sean does is nod, before heading out of the bar with his friends behind him. What the hell? They came for information and then just left. They are strange. Too bad I'm too stubborn to just let them leave.

I run out of the bar in a flash. I don't have to call out for them, they turn back around as soon as I get out of the bar.

       "Got something you want to say?," Sean asks.

        "Well, first of all, thank you for taking care of Henry's arm."

       "You're welcome," he says. "Now what else do you want to ask?" His friends share another look and then look back to me as if I'm wasting their time. Good to know that they're just as charming as Sean.