Prologue | 翔る

I'm gonna be late for school.

   The time seems to stop around me. Yet I find my feet planted to the floor entranced by what I'm watching. My consciousness is screaming seventeen reasons why I shouldn't be late. Not that it was a bad thing to find a new interest. Not that I should've just ignored the crowd around the store and headed to school. This was a really stupid reason to be late for school. But I can't help it.

   Nope. I'm looking at several detentions later for my reoccurring lateness. Chiharu Fujimoto is thinking one thing and one thing only. Damn, I wish I could jump that high.

   I mean, wishing for something you want is only natural right? But most natural people would say that it was wishful thinking. To wish for something you could never have. But the shorty on screen is proving something totally different. He could jump higher than anyone else on court. Higher than anyone I know for a fact.

   "That's him! Karasuno's Number 10! The Tiny Giant!"

   Tiny Giant? I suppose the title fits him. You know? cause he's short and all. Not that I can say anything about it. I'm barely 160 centimeters myself.

   I wonder what his real name is.

   I wonder what he'd say if he knew that he was inspiring me right now.

   And I shake my head, muttering over the small crowd gathered by the shop.  Inspired, awed and amazed. My new dream was right in front of me. At that moment I realise, thats where I want to be. 

   "It better be worth it, Chiharu." I say to myself. 
...

   "Let's back it up a little," Zenno says. He points to me calmly. "You, want to play High Jump just because you saw a dude jump during a volleyball match."

  "Not a dude, THE Tiny Giant!" I retort but I feel my head bobbing up and down. He sinks on the desk beside me. "How did you even get high jump from volleyball exactly? Their like two WAY different sports. " 

   "How did you come to be so perverted exactly?" I snicker.

  "That's a classified topic Chi-Chan,"

   "Same difference Murokoshi"

   He snorts, "Don't call me that it makes me sound old." We collapse in laughter. He turns stoic. "No, seriously. Don't call me that." He ruins his pace by shrinking into a double chin.

   "HEY, no talking in detention kids. That's your final warning. I'm talking to both of you. Fujimoto-san if you come late again I will not hesitate to call your parents. And Murokoshi if I ever hear about you sneaking into the girl's bathrooms ever again I will make sure you receive the necessary punishment. This is the twentieth time. Maybe if you weren't so perverted you'd actually have a chance at getting a girl." Nanabe Sensei hollers. 

"Old hag."

"What was that Murokoshi?!"

...

"I can't believe you said that to Nanabe Sensei." I laugh. Zenno grumbles behind me, yanking at my hair again.

"Shut up assrag!" He shoves his hands into his pockets, fuming. "You didn't even help."

I shoot him a teasing sympathetic smile. "Sorry, not sorry." We're walking down the school corridors. 

"Are you really serious about High Jump and everything though?"

Am I really? I suppose I haven't thought about it, but the sensation I had today, the feeling of inspiration was enough to tell me that I wanted it. That feeling of rising above others.
"Yeah, I am." 

"Well, then I suppose I can do nothing but support you." He shrugged. "I mean Konoha does have a High Jump Club. Right?"

Right. I nod, affirmative. I remembered the various flyers we were bombarded with when we first came to Konoha Junior High. The flyer for the High Jump Club felt right in my hands. I suppose it was one of the small signs meaning it was meant for me.

"Oi, brat." Zenno brings me back to reality. He elbows me, pointing outside. "Isn't that the High Jump Club outside?"

"Wait really?! Let's GO." I drag a screeching Zenno outside to where the club is gathered on the field outside.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! I'm Fujimoto, Fujimoto Chiharu and this is my friend Murokoshi Zenno. We'd like to join your club."

"Hoe, I never agreed to this." He mutters. Awe, I love you too boo.

The person who I assumed was Captain smiled. "That's great! We were also looking to recruit members. Welcome to the world of High Jump, Fujimoto-san, Murokoshi-Kun. You're going to have so much fun."

"Hai!"

And that is how the
'Wings of Konoha'
Fujimoto Chiharu came to be.

...

N/A
Thanks for reading the first official chapter of Soar! Don't forget to vote and comment!
- Monkey_King

Soar 翔る | HAIKYUUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara