Confessions

Roman and Virgil were sitting on the couch, Virgil was resting his head in his hands watching The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Roman was trying to look at his crush without being noticed. Soon, however, he was interrupted, as the anxious side stood up at the end of the movie.

     "Where are you off to?" 

     "I'm just gonna wipe my makeup off. I'll be right back, Princey, don't worry." Virgil rolled his eyes and smirked flirtatiously, making Roman blush.

     "Oh, yeah. Sure." Roman said as he watched the other sink out. He couldn't stop thinking about him. Virgil was like... A prince... Only, he wasn't at all a prince. He was indeed an emo nightmare, but the way Roman saw it, there was no better match than the two of them. Opposites attract, right? So why can't the two of them fall in love?! Of course, soon, his thoughts were interrupted by Patton and Logan, rising before him. The two of them looked towards Roman.

     Patton gasped, "ROMAN!!!?? DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON VIRGIL???!!!" 

     "SHSHSHSH! JUST SHUT UP HE'LL HEAR YOU!!!!!!!" The prince whisper-yelled back at Patton.

     "But isn't that the whole point of love? To... Where are my vocabulary cards? Ah. Con-fess? As you say it? There isn't a point in love unless there are two people sharing the emotion, yes?"

     "Well, yes, that is the point, but... That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I can't confess my love to him because I don't want to ruin our friendship. If he doesn't love me, then not only am I losing a lover, I'm losing a friend. I simply cannot risk losing someone that I hold so dear."

     "Awwwww! Well then, I'm going to help you confess your love to my son!" The moment lasted until Logan and Roman realized what he said.

     "You do realize he's not actually your son, right?" Logan questioned.

     "Fiiiiiiiiiiiine, but I'm still going to help Roman confess his-" Patton felt a hand over his mouth as he saw Virgil appear.

     "HELLO, VIRGIL!" Roman yelled, hand still covering Patton's startled face.

     Virgil scoffed, "What's up with you weirdos? Did I interrupt anything?" 

     Roman was about to protest, when Logan held up a hand. "No, you did not. I will be on my way back to my room now, if you don't mind." He said, adjusting his glasses and sinking out. Patton was quick to follow him.

     Virgil looked back over to Roman, his hand still held in the air where Patton's face used to be. The prince finally noticed Virgil's gaze and jumped back to normal, hands at his side.

     "Oh, come on, Princey. I'm Hot Topic, not Spencer's."

     It took Roman a moment, but when he finally understood what Virgil meant, he blushed and sank down. "I'll be in my room."

-Time Skip-

     Virgil was sitting down, his elbow on the arm of the couch and his head resting in his right hand as he scrolled through YouTube, searching for something to cure his lovesickness. He just couldn't stop thinking about earlier, and Roman's reaction! It was so cute! He looked so flustered and innocent! No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't get that adorable face out of his head! And soon, that adorable face appeared right in front of him, avoiding eye contact and blushing furiously. 

     Virgil awkwardly put his phone in his pocket, looking up at the prince. "What's going on?" He asked nervously. His mind was racing. 

     Could he be confessing? Does he really love me? No, he doesn't. Stop getting your hopes up. Why do you think he makes fun of you so much? He could be doing it to cover up his feelings, but I highly doubt that. No. He doesn't love you, Virgil. Get that stupid idea out of your dumb head.