Five

*Trigger Warning: Harsh language and bullying*

Andy silently wishes that he could be with Bill. The cafeteria is a lot different without his friend. People stare at him for simply being the only person who associates with Bill. He pulls his eyes down to the food before him, hoping that the time will pass and then he can go shopping for Bill. Why did he care? It's not like he had anything to gain.

Maybe it's because he knew the truth of what happened in that locker room. The bullies all circle like vultures and he doesn't bother glancing up at them. This kind of behavior is a trigger, one he isn't ready to pull.

"Where's your little boyfriend, Biersack? He kill himself?"

"No. Rodney. And it's none of your business what happened to him," Andy nearly snarls. "Leave me alone."

"Aww, is the retard gonna go tell on us?"

Andy closes his eyes, no, he couldn't. Not now. Stay inside. "Look, I'm just trying to eat my lunch. So can you leave, just leave."

"Awww, I think he's getting mad. I thought retards like you couldn't get mad." Andy often got angry but he didn't quite understand it. It wasn't like he meant to but the other person in his head, he lived for the rage. That rage kept him alive when he was moved from foster family to foster family.

"Rodney, just leave me alone. I don't bother you, you have no reason to bother me."

"You hear that Devin, we have no reason to bother him," Rodney snorts. "You punched me in the face, loser. And I want my fair shot." He grabs the teen's shirt collar and pulled him up from the seat.

"Rodney, please, just let me go," Andy near whimpers. "I don't wanna hurt you or get into trouble."

Before the theater kid could give Andy a matching shiner, the dean enters the eating area. Rodney drops the kid and glares at the adult approaching them. "You're lucky. But just know, I'm gonna get even." Andy watches them walk away, his heart racing. That was too close. Too fucking close. He wraps up his food and rushes to the bathroom.

Sitting in the stall, Andy tries to calm down. Fuck. Fuck. That was too fucking close. He starts patting his chest, hoping the action will shut down his anxiety. The anxiety of showing his other side. The angry side. The side that left him little notes in his phone. School is almost out. We can make it until school is out. Tears stream down his face as he thinks of what could've happened if that woman hadn't walked in. He didn't even stay to see what he had to say. He could hear the bell ring and knew he couldn't be late to class.

Running out, he's met with the doting gaze of Dean Anderson. She looks at his tear stained cheeks and frowns. "Andrew, is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Uh yeah. I'm fine. I just um, I missed my parents." His eyes never meet hers but she knows that he doesn't meet gazes anyway.

"The lord brought you to us. And the lord brought you to Marshall and Diane," she smiles. "I couldn't imagine they'd adopt you after I talked with them at mass."

"Yeah well. They're very nice people. I appreciate them and you for it," Andy responds. "But I have class, so I should go to that." The woman moves out of his way, watching him walk in the direction of the classroom. He didn't want to be in the building. Every second reminded him of how he used to get pushed around, everyone loved picking on the kid that is afraid to stand up for himself. More like he's afraid of what happens when he does. But Billy isn't. He used to argue with those kids and spent a good chunk of his time in detention or mediation conferences.

The draw back to attending a catholic school is they believe that students can be guided to the right path through religion and talking with a priest about why we should treat people with respect. After all, they're only children and they don't know any better. Andy can heat the footsteps that linger in the hall behind him, almost picking up speed when he does in fear of being attacked by Rodney and his crew again. Those theatre kids shouldn't have been the big on campus bullies but, seeing as they could do no wrong because of their status...Andy didn't wanna end up caught in their clutches again.