Twenty - One

Bill woke up on his side, a pounding in his skull. Miley had brushed his hair back and smiled. The blankets were scratchy and he could hear the beeping. A sterile smell hit his nostrils and made his face crinkle up in discomfort. He rolled over and glared at the ceiling.

"Hey Billy, how ya feelin'?"

"Like shit. Where's that shit for brains teacher? I want a round 2," Bill grumbled.

"Tom is on his way here, he told me what happened. Mr. Keller was arrested for aggravated assault," Miley sighed. "Andy is waiting outside. He didn't want to come in because he feels like it's his fault you ended up in that classroom."

"It's not. Keller is a dick. He attacked me when I walked into the classroom."

"Tom told me. What did you say?"

"I told him I'd slap him but I didn't want bitch on my hands," Bill smirked.

"Of course you did," Miley chuckled, shaking her head.

"He was bullying Andy and I don't like that shit. If Tom taught me anything, it was that you always stand up to bullies. Or they will keep fucking with you."

"I understand. You aren't to blame for what happened. You do however, have stitches in your head and they pumped you full of pain killers and seizure medication," Miley said.

"How long do I have to be here?"

"A few hours. You don't have a concussion and it didn't reopen your old scar tissue," Miley shrugged. "Want me to get Andy for you? He's pining outside that door and I know he'll feel better to know you're okay."

"Yeah. Can you? I don't like him thinking it's his fault," Bill frowned.

Miley stepped outside the door and called Andy in. Immediately he stepped inside and walked to Bill's side. He rocked back and forth, the chains on his boots chattering. Bill softened at the sight of him, unable to feel the punching pain in his head. He pulled back the blanket and offered Andy the seat. He could see Miley just outside peeking in through the window.

"Andy, what Mr. Keller did wasn't your fault," Bill stated. "You know that right?"

"If I wasn't stimming in the classroom, he wouldn't have called me a distraction and nuisance. I should've had better control of myself and I didn't. I'm sorry," Andy deadpanned.

"Andy, it's not like that at all. Come sit, please. I don't like seeing you so upset and not being able to help."

"No. I am the reason you are in that bed. That is my fault."

"No. James Keller put me in this fucking bed. And I want to kick his ass still for it. Stop being stupid and come over here."

"Pet? I messed up. I got you in trouble. And I hurt you."

"No you didn't. Now get over here before I come over there."

"You are supposed to stay in bed. You would not break—."

"Too late," Bill giggled, getting up on his knees to hug Andy from the hospital bed before he could finish.

Miley rushed in, worried that Bill would fall but his arms locked around Andy in a firm but comforting hug. The kind of hugs that Andy loved when Bill would give them. His cheek smushed into Andy's shoulder and he mewed softly. He made sure not touch his hands or his face, two things that Andy must always initiate first unless he needed help.

"I don't. Explain please."

"I wuv you. That's it. That's all it is," Bill teased, nuzzling more into his leather jacket.