"Am I in trouble?"

"What?" Mrs. Bennett exclaimed as if the idea was crazy. "No! Although I have been informed of your attendance history, you've never missed one of my classes, so I don't see it as a cause for concern."

Leprii nodded, still unsure of what the teacher wanted. "So what did you want to talk about then?"

"As you've most likely been able to notice, you are one of the most gifted students in this class," she said, "And I was wondering if you would be interested in joining one of the more advanced classes. You would only have to change a few of your classes around, and I can tell the office to switch your schedule as soon as possible. I just don't think you're being challenged enough in this class."

Leprii stared at her teacher, trying to see if this was a trick. But Mrs. Bennett's face showed her sincere intentions.

"Which class would it switch with?" Leprii asked, not that it really mattered, but she still wanted to know if it was one of the classes she really hated or one she was able to tolerate.

"It would take out your seventh-period class." Gym class. Perfect. She couldn't stand it.

"Sure, I'll do it."

"Great!" Mrs. Bennett beamed at Leprii. "However, I will ask one thing: I want you to start getting your grades up. I know it might be hard, but I think you can do it. What do you say?"

"Fine."

"Great!" Mrs. Bennett said again. Leprii went to go for the door again, but Mrs. Bennett called out: "Oh, Miss Kolete, let me write you a hall pass! I don't want you getting detention because of me!" Leprii stopped and waited as her teacher wrote on a pass and then gave the small sheet to her. "Tell your teacher to call my room if there are any problems."

~~~

Leprii walked into her history class in the middle of Mr. Hendrickson writing on the chalkboard and talking to the class. Without skipping a beat he said: "Miss Kolete this is your third tardy this week. That's detention."

"I have a pass," Leprii said with a smug grin as she waved the paper in front of his face.

"Let me see that." Mr. Hendrickson grabbed the paper from Leprii's hand and examined it. "I don't believe that this is real."

"Call her if you don't believe it."

Mr. Hendrickson squinted his eyes and walked over to the phone on his desk. He picked it up and dialed Mrs. Bennett's room number and kept his eyes on Leprii as she sat down.

"Hello, Mrs. Bennett. I have a student here who-oh. I see. So you really did write the pass? Then I'm sorry for wasting your time. Have a good day." he hung up the phone and went back to the blackboard. "Consider this your last warning Ms. Kolete."

The class resumed, and Leprii stared at the board as she started to space out. Mr. Hendrickson was going on about some spaceship. Something about the Moon. Why was she required to go to this class?

Then her mind wandered back to the conversation she had with Mrs. Bennett and how she wanted Leprii to get better grades. Begrudgingly, Leprii opened the notebook she had for this class and wrote down a few of the things on the board.

Phantom: Book 2 | An X-Men Evolution FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara