Flashback

"Arthit, I know what you are thinking. And it's true. I'm giving you this opportunity because you are my son's lover. However, I'm not handing this over to you on a silver platter. You will still have to earn it."

"Sonya, that's it. I didn't earn this opportunity, and I don't want to disappoint you." Arthit looked up from the contract, and met Sonya's eyes.

"Then don't. Don't give up before even trying. That would be a true disappointment. Besides, I can always fire you if your performance doesn't meet my expectations. Based on the projected growth, and revenue potential of this company, it will take you about twenty years to purchase the 30% shares I'm offering you at today's rate."

"Sonya, I don't understand why you are doing this. I can continue to be an employee here, and I will do my best in my current position."

Sonya leaned back into her chair. "If you agree to be the new CEO, your new salary will be more than enough to cover your mother and sister's expenses. I know Kongpob won't let you pay for anything, so you should save it for now. Arthit, there's no saying what the future holds, and what will happen. There's no guarantee in life. I'm giving you this opportunity so that no matter what, you will land on your feet."

"Are you trying to bribe me to leave Kongpob? Because I can tell you now, you can't buy me off. Unless Kongpob breaks up with me on his own, I won't leave him. I really love him, and he says he loves me too." Arthit said with as much courage as he can muster.

Sonya shook her head, and massaged her temples with both hands. What is she supposed to do with this boy? She can feel a headache coming on. "Now, why would I try to buy you off by tying you to me for the next twenty years? You seemed a lot smarter the other day. Now, stop wasting my time. I've given you a week to decide now. So, what's it going to be?"

"If you really trust me, then I want to give it a try. I don't want to disappoint you or Kongpob. He really believes in me. He really thinks I can do it."

"Good. Now, sign and make me proud. Make us proud." Sonya hands Arthit a pen.

The pen felt like it weighed a ton. Arthit signed the contract in front of him with a slightly shaky hand. He closed the contract folder, and pushed it forward. Sonya smiled, and put the contract away before she got up from her seat.

"All right, I need to be on my way. Be on time for dinner on Sunday. In the meantime, you should prepare yourself for the transition, and find your replacement." Sonya grabbed her purse, and headed for the door. Arthit quickly got up to leave too.

"Okay, see you Sunday."

End of flashback

"Well, I'm glad you are on her good side. I can't imagine what it would be like to be on her bad side. So, does the bodyguard in Tokyo speak Thai? Have you met him before?" Knot asked curiously.

"His name is Aki. I met him last time I was here with Kongpob. Aki speaks English, so you should be fine. He is very friendly. Just think of it as making a new friend."

"Good. English is good. It's okay with me that he follows us around. It's really you who he is following anyway. Are you in any danger I'm not aware of?"

"No. I don't think so. Kongpob just wanted to be on the safe side. I had already rejected the private jet, so I couldn't say no to the bodyguard. It would give him a peace of mind too. Anyway, don't worry about me. I will be fine. The Mitsubishi account is very important for our company. I can't afford to screw it up, so I won't be like this later. Just let me be now."