Chapter 85

Tokyo

Arthit's POV

I'm looking out the window over the clouds in the blue sky. Funny how I have changed so much in such a short period of time. I can't say that I'm no longer afraid of heights, but for once I'm not afraid to sit by the window. I'm still a little jittery, but at least I can keep my eyes open. Watching my motherland disappear behind me into nothing I can see from over 30,000 feet. Melancholy washed over me.

I left my beating heart behind. Kong, as I like to call it in my mind. Kong went to work like it was nothing this morning. And I didn't go into the office today, so he left for work on his own. A quick peck on the lips, and 'have a safe trip' was all I got before he shut the door behind him. He left so quick, it's as if he couldn't wait to leave.

Sigh. I wish he was here with me right now. Even my first time sitting in first class isn't fun without him. These seats are a lot more comfortable than the economy ones. I took a sip of my champagne that the nice flight attendant gave me upon sitting down. The bitter fizz did little to elevate my gloomy blues. Maybe I'll eat a few of these chocolate truffles and strawberries. Are there any nuts in these? What if a passenger was allergic to nuts? I'm not allergic, but I'm just curious. No one asked me if I were.

"Arthit, will you stop it. He can't see you pout from here anyway. You are only going to be gone for four days. In matter of fact, if you don't count travelling time, it's only three days." Knot said shaking his head. I guess my constant sighing was making it difficult for him to focus on his documents.

"Mmm." I rested my chin on my hand, and continued to stare out the window. There was nothing but grayish white sky now. It was just like my mood.

"In a few more hours, you can call him. Pull yourself together you lovesick puppy. I have never seen you like this."

"Mmm."

"You're a CEO now. Act like one." Knot reproved.

I turned to look at Knot. "Fine. How are CEOs supposed to act?" I can't help how I feel. Knot is probably right, but I am sad. Can't a guy just mope for a few hours? Kong and I have been very attached the past few weeks since his accident. And this past weekend after I told him about Tokyo, we were practically glued together. That is until yesterday. He was back to his professional self on Monday, on the dot. We didn't even have dinner together last night because of all our work. Isn't it normal to have withdrawal symptoms?

"I don't know since I'm not a CEO, but I highly doubt one is supposed to act like this. What about your Kongpob? Have you seen him act like this before?" Knot challenged me.

"No. I haven't." I didn't want to say it, but that's one of the reasons why I'm sad too. Was Kongpob this sad when he was in Shanghai? I will never know.

"Arthit, this is a great opportunity for yourself. If you want to be independent from Kongpob, then you need to take advantage of this opportunity."

"Don't say it like that. You make it sound like I want to leave him. When all I want is to be less dependent on him. I want to be able to take care of my family too."

"You will be able to take care of your family with your new job. Just don't let Sonya down, or fire you. You know that woman means business. I don't know how she raised Kongpob to be so charming when she looks stone cold." Knot visibly shivered shrugging his shoulders.

"Don't say that about Sonya. She has been through a lot. She is tough because she has to be, not because she wants to be. She is a completely different person when she is with Kongpob. And she gave me this opportunity so I can help myself."