EPILOGUE (1)

January 26, 2020

Sheila

We were now the Stragon's, meaning I was now Sheila Stragon and Zaivinth was... well, Zaivinth Stragon. When meeting a mate, you lose your last name, your family name, and create one of your own. Normally by combining the two names. Unfortunately we both didn't have last names because Zaivinth refused to keep his and I, well, I didn't really get the pleasure of having a family till ninety years ago.

Now I had my own family. I have four children if you don't include Xion. Three boys, and the youngest, a girl. My favorite was obviously the oldest, and the twins. My mate on the other hand, loved the girl.

The oldest was now twenty nine, the twins were twenty, and the girl, the most lovely age... seventeen. I rested a hand on my mates, as we looked down at the courtyard where my eldest was firmly kicking my daughters ass. Just because the boys were my favorite, doesn't mean I don't love every part of my daughter.

Tilly was practically the splitting image of me. Grey eyes and black hair. She was pretty with strong structure and in perfect shape. Her only flaw was her sassy attitude and the spoiled brat personality. This is all due to her father, and none due to me. "It's because your built stronger than me!" She whined, getting off the dirt, her sword in her hand.

"Oh, it's because he's built stronger than her?" I looked at my mate with wide eyes. "That never stopped me from beating you." Zaivinth rolled his eyes and rested his face on his hand.

"You should go talk to her about that," he gave me a side eye and went back to watching our kids.

"And get the 'mom you don't understand!' Or the 'you don't love me'. Mmm, I think I'll pass." I rolled my eyes. If I remember correctly, I was only a year older than her when I took down an entire kingdom and I ended a war. But who's counting.

He sighed, "she has grown to be ignorant." He said it so bluntly I almost fell out of my chair. This was his prized daughter he was talking about. Then he stood from his throne and walked over to me holding out a hand for me to take. I looked up at him and saw that he still didn't look a day over thirty, just like myself.

"W-what are you doing?" I took his hand, confusion written all over my face. We started taking the stairs down to the courtyard where I heard the sounds of swords fighting. I looked into his blue eyes as I held his arm formally.

"I think that our daughter needs an example," he smiled and my eyes widened to the size of dishes.

"An example?!" Sure I have been training, but I've been training to protect not to attack! I still do my twenty mile runs each morning, and barely slack, but I had no intention of fighting anyone, especially today.

He just smiled, his eyes crinkling, then he looked towards the maid, "grab us our weapons." The maid bowed and scurried off to the barracks where our weapons were held. Then he pulled me into a hug, "don't tell me the goddess of shadows has gotten rusty." He wrapped his arms at my lower back.

It turned out that by being adopted into a family of gods, the goddess of creation herself should bestow a power onto me. But that wasn't the case at first, which was a whole lot of trouble dealing with, but that's story is for a different time. Luckily I had Alcina, Cebrus' mate on my side. I wouldn't have been able to do it without her.

     "Rusty isn't even in my vocabulary," I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. Seconds later, we were stopped by very familiar pair of coughs. I turned my head to see my twins, Ciel and Hedus. They are fraternal twins, due to the fact that one, Ciel, had blue eyes and was a shadow wolf, and Hedus had grey eyes and was a dragon.