Chapter Seventy

January 25, 2020

Sheila

I thought war was chaotic, the gods knows I was wrong. "Suck," the maid pulled the corset tighter, "it," one more go, "in!" I don't think I have ribs at this point, and all this trouble was because I gain a bunch of muscle out at war. I had to give my best of luck to the maids, there is no way that they are moving my abs.

Selven pokes his head into the room and my face instantly brightened. "Selven! Good morning!" I smiled waving my hand.

He gave a shy smile and a little wave, "hello Queen Sheila." He gave a little bow. "Everyone has arrived and are eating in the main hall. Breakfast is fruits and yogurt, along with other things you can eat because you can't risk getting it on your dress." He watched as my maids pull the long dress out from the closet.

It was a sleeveless navy blue dress that curved at my breast. At the top there were little decorations of black and yellow beads, giving off the glow of the stars. I wanted something to resemble my family, as I take this step into becoming the head of another very large family. Moving down the dress, the same pattern continued at the hip. Though it was much more extravagant, spreading out a few inches down my leg. Then the dark blue dressed fanned out across the floor.

The reason that this dress was so simple is for the cape that was being pulled out from the closet. It was the perfect match for my dress. It was mandatory for the royal family to wear capes at all times, when out in public. Even during wars, I would always have a cape strapped under my backpack. No one besides the royal families were supposed to wear them.

    The cape was beautiful, it had big extravagant grey loops that went over my shoulder, so large that they blocked most of the view to my neck. Then it flowed down my back into this dark blue fabric with stars and little white dots. I was in love with this cape. "I'll have some fruit," I smiled to Selven.

    He nodded, and turned to leave, though he stopped at the door. He turned and looked back at me, "Queen Sheila," he started and I almost jumped out of my skin. I wasn't ready for him to address me directly. "It's a honor to serve you," he rested a hand on his chest. "The kingdom can now sleep in peace, knowing that you are the one keeping them from danger." He bowed his head, and was about to leave once more.

    "Ah! Wait!" I shooed off the maids for a moment and ran up to him. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him into a big hug. "Remember what we promised at the Elven Kingdom," I looked up at him with soft eyes.

    "To no more isolation," he wrapped his arms around me, feather light, as if a ghost was holding me.

     "To no more isolation."

     The ceremony was just about to start and I was waiting in the back. The dress and cape on, my hair tied back into a half up, half down. I thought about the crown, the crown of Zaivinth ancestors would weigh heavy on my head, for many other reasons beyond weight. I was fiddling my thumbs, alone, waiting for my cue.

    Then all of a sudden, someone placed a hand on my shoulder. I knew that only one person can sneak around this quietly. I turned and smiled at Cebrus who was wearing his kingdoms uniform. He had all sorts of awards on his chest, it made me realize who exactly my friends actually were.

    "Cebrus..." I looked at the door. "I'm not getting second thoughts, but—" my voice cracked, knowing that there was way over two hundred people behind that closed door. "I-I'm just nervous," I stuttered, I wouldn't say that to anyone but him.

    He was a quiet listener, if he judges me he certainly didn't show it, and he keeps my secrets close to my chest, just like I did his. "Yeah," his voice was quiet, "I'm nervous for you." He raised his hand and grabbed my hand, giving it a soft pat.