The Daydreamer - Chp 27 [Enchanted]

Comenzar desde el principio

"You know what I'm thinking?" Jace asked low his hands falling on top of my waist and instantly I jumped to the most exciting possibility. Noticing it Jace chuckled "No baby." He almost warned. "I was thinking how I shouldn't of dressed you in this, especially these shorts." He said tugging on the belt loop. "You draw way too much attention."

I rolled my eyes knowing that was an exaggeration "So you're going to dress me up in baggy clothes? O o no, wait! A panda bear costume!" I snorted.

He chuckled his eyes dancing as he watched me. He wiggled his nose up against me, nuzzling and nibbling against my cheek making smacking and biting sounds childishly. I giggled. "The sexiest panda to ever exist." He murmured as he continued to make me giggle and squirm.

"Jace." I protested weakly as I pulled back grabbing his face stopping him as he watched me with nothing but love. Lovingly I brushed the hair from his eyes slowly my fingers softly grazing against his warm skin. I could never get over how beautiful he was, how lucky I was.

The clearing of a throat awoke the both of us and I glanced up to see a very handsome male, in his early thirties maybe, he was a tower and muscled, black hair of midnight and a dull yet cool green eyes. He stood by the doorway watching us, his emotions cluttered except the distinct emotions of pain and longing and all I wanted to do was hug him.

Standing up automatically I dodged Jace's hasty grabs and walked towards the man, Alpha, known as Kurt and stuck out my hand. "Emily." His eyes grew with shock, what had I done?

He shook my hand genuinely curious "Kurt." He said his tone just as curious yet almost dead with limited color.

I nodded smiling encouragingly as if my smile would pull him through "Sorry if we've interrupted your plans." I said thinking that maybe we should have at least called in advanced.

"Not at all, in fact you saved me from my mother and her gardening complaints." He said gesturing to the window that showed the wild yet beautiful garden. His joke not even bringing a smile to his own face, his emotions and lack of life made me unnerved and also longing to save him.

Jace stepped up beside me nodding a small bow to Kurt who returned it, that bewildered me. I was pretty sure my mouth was agape. Jace stuck his hand out "Jace, Lance Indigo's son from Pine Hills." He said his formality startling me further more my eyes wide now. Catching my wide eyes his lips twitched. "I must excuse my mate Em, she doesn't know rules." He said amusement and teasing ion his voice.

I swatted him annoyed and feeling rather small suddenly "What rules?" I demanded.

He chuckled wrapping his arms around my waist casually "When we meet other packs, especially the Alpha, the weaker bow showing respect and that you're not a threat." He explained in front of Kurt though doing so that I wouldn't feel like a baby.

I snorted "Yeah cause I'm such a threat." I said sarcastically. Jace chuckled squeezing me showing no embarrassment or nerves towards my actions though I was beginning to feel highly small and self conscious. I turned towards Kurt "Sorry, newbie."

He actually smiled, not 100% genuine but he smiled! "That's alright, a breath of fresh air, I like it. You've got a trooper here mate." He said turning to Jace and gesturing to me.

Jace squeezed my waist looking down at me filled with pride, love whilst Kurt's was genuinely friendly and curious.

Their gazes made me feel uncomfortable, I cleared my throat elbowing Jace who blinked and also cleared his throat. My lips twitched.

"So what can I do for you two?" Kurt asked absolutely confuse and curious as he gestured for us to take a seat on the lounge opposite to the one he just sat down on.