The Daydreamer - Chp 27 [Enchanted]

Start from the beginning

"We'd like to actually to talk to your Alpha, Kurt." Jace all serious now, finally.

Adam nodded his eyes curious yet not asking "Wait in here, I'll go get him, may be a bit." He said gesturing in through a door he opened.

As the door clicked behind us Jace instantly let go of me and walked away. I had to admit that hurt and yet added petrol to the fire; I was already hurt and angry. Didn't he know that? Couldn't he feel it? Had that all been a façade out there?

I watched him skeptically as he walked over to the lounge and plunked down carelessly. Was he mad that I had walked up into the house before him when I'd witnessed him beat the shit out of a tree and woke up alone in the Ute? I wasn't angry about that anymore, I was able to push it away but if anyone had the right to be hurt or angry wasn't it supposed to me when here he was letting go of me.

I kept still as I watched him calculating, trying to sync in and understand his emotions. He watched me too his gaze almost timid as he tried to break down my stance. He opened his arms calling me to him as he spoke "Come here." His voice soft and with no demand or even plea.

I didn't speak nor did I move. I didn't get him or his actions, usually it was easy but this was the opposite of the usual. His arms fell by his side showing no emotions, it was as if he had expected me to reject him, but I never reject him.

There was silence and I knew I would have to break it. "I woke up" I began slowly "alone in the Ute." I said my voice wavered slightly all the strength I had hoped to be in it absent.

He showed emotion though as his face softened and again he opened his arms offering and asking. I knew I had no strength to reject another offer to be held by Jace and almost running I flew into his arms burrowing my face into his warm chest. His arms wound around me and he kissed the top of my head.

He laughed humorlessly with relief "I didn't leave you Em, I was just outside the Ute in the front of the garden talking to some friends." He said again kissing the top of my head. I felt like screaming at him telling him where lips actually are. "And I found you talking to Adam or rather getting hit on by him." He said the slightest hint of jealousy and anger in the back corner of his tone.

"Oh he wasn't flirting he was just giving what I wanted." I said and instantly I realized that had come out wrong as Jace tensed below me, his fingers stopping in my hair. I cursed myself for my constant mistakes.

Sitting up straighter I leant in and let my lips fall along his jaw line sucking along it with soft nibbles. He relaxed slightly beneath me. I sucked harder along his jaw line my fingers trailing up along his chest and back down. He practically melted beneath me as his head fell back on the lounge groaning softly as his hands ran up and down my back. I continued to let my lips crawl along his angular jaw line.

Mission accomplished I pulled back watching him, and as soon as my lips left his skin he sat up straight realizing we were in another packs office on serious business. His gaze met mine and all of him melted as he sat up straighter instantly making me shuffle closer in against him as I nuzzled up underneath his throat, he sighed blissfully.

"Jace...he, well he read my mind basically. Please tell me I'm not insane." I pleaded.

He chuckled against me brushing my hair away from my face "Adam can read minds by touch."

I nodded understanding the handshake and all "I knew I didn't say it out loud!" I cried smugly pulling back as Jace watched me amused. "I laughed at how I was so use to hugs now not formal handshakes and then he offered me a hug." I said speaking more to myself, the last ounce of rigidness left Jace as he understood. "Wish I could read minds." I murmured softly to myself picturing it know. All the things between Jace and I; good and bad that may have never occurred if I could read minds.