95. saturday, june 2017

Start from the beginning

"Luna! People are here!" Jen's voice broke them apart. Luna blushed a deep red as she saw her open the door. Alex tried not to laugh and certainly did not face her.

"Okay thank you. We'll be down in a second." she smiled. Jen nodded and left the room. Alex started to chuckle.

"It's a good thing I play the guitar otherwise that could've taken a while." He joked. Luna let out a moan at his comment before walking towards the door. Alex followed with a smug grin on his face. "What! I'm just saying I'm good with my hands!" He yelled after her.

"Alex!" She scolded as they walked downstairs but he could see the smile she was trying to conceal.

Alex adored watching her interact with people. He stood back and observed, taking in everything she had created. There was no one he was prouder of in that moment.

Luna was greeting everyone as they came in, acting as if she were there to see them rather than the other way round. It excited Alex for their wedding because it meant that they would all their friends and family in one room. He squeezed his hands into fists to conceal his happiness.

Then, he saw the one person he really did not want to see. He had almost forgotten what this person looked like, almost, but not yet. His eyes followed the figure as they made a b-line for Luna. Not today. Alex practically glided over to them and grabbed their arm.

"You're not welcome here." He hissed, trying not to create a scene. Jack's eyes met his and his whole body deflated.

"Fucks sake, I though you weren't in the picture anymore." He didn't even seem intimidated by Alex which threatened him even more.

"You come even a metre from her-." He spat but Jack put his hand out to stop him from speaking.

"Is this anyway to speak to an invited guest?" He cut him off. Alex's head retreated in shock. Luna wouldn't of invited him would she? He assumed they hadn't spoken since his party in Paris.

"Consider yourself uninvited." He retaliated. Jack just laughed so Alex grabbed him by the collar. The sight of this man made his blood boil, he refused to let Luna's night be ruined.

"Mate, calm down! I just want to say congratulations. You can come with me if you want." The fear Alex wanted to strike into him finally flooded into his eyes and his hands raised in defence. He let him go and nodded in Luna's direction. If anything, he had to know whether she had invited him.

Alex followed him towards Luna, who now had a glass of champagne in her hand and a radiant smile across her face. Of course, the latter faltered as she witnessed who was walking towards her.

"Jack?" She seemed shocked which was much to Alex's relief.

"Says he was invited." Alex mentioned, running his tongue along his bottom lip to show his discomfort. Luna's eyebrows furrowed but she didn't want to be rude in front of the other people around who didn't know who this man was.

"Of course, nice to see you." She said politely, putting her hand out and grabbing Alex to be pulled to her side.

"Congratulations on the bakery." Jack realised that his plans to come and get Luna after hearing about the break up was not going to happen due to the muscular man stood next to her.

"Thank you." She replied. "Enjoy your night." Her words were dismissive and Jack took the hint, leaving with a swift nod to him. As soon as he was out of sight, Luna turned to Alex. "I didn't invite him." She informed him. Alex nodded.

"I figured." His eyes met hers but they looked worried. "He won't ruin your night, babe, I'll make sure of it." He smiled, kissing her gently. She put her hand on his chest and unbuttoned one button. He raised his eyebrows.