68. open up your eyes

Start from the beginning

Beth nodded, reaching out and placing her other hand on top of Quinn's as well, squeezing gently. 'Yeah,' she nodded, her voice sounding so strong and so full of relief. 'I knew you'd come,' she smiled, 'I knew it.'

She looked strong, determined, just like when Quinn last saw her but there were new wounds on her face. Two ugly cuts that were stichted up but would definitely leave scars. Anger boiled up inside of her at the thought of someone laying their hands on her little friend. But she pushed it away. Beth didn't her to be angry right now. She offered the girl a smile, embracing the feeling that took over when she let the fact that the teenager was alive sink in. It felt as if her entire body was glowing, her heart too big for her body but then her eyes noticed the drip that was attached to her arm, pomping morphine into her veins. She expected the monster to awaken again but this time she remained alarmingly calm.

The teenager noticed what she was looking at and a guilty look appeared on her face. 'It was the only way to save you,' she muttered but Quinn barely heard her.

'I was dancing,' she whispered, trying to make sense of the vision her brain had trapped her in while she was unconscious.

Beth squeezed her hand, taking Quinn out of her thoughts and she turned her attention back to Beth. 'The others?' The teenager questioned, her voice shaking slightly.

A smile appeared on Quinn's face. 'All fine, we're all okay. Maggie's okay. We found each other.'

She laughed, relief all over her face. The sound reminded Quinn of christmas bells ringling, of magic and home...

The door opened and a man entered, wearing a lot white coat and glasses on his nose. He looked like a doctor. He was pushing a wheelchair ahead of him, parking it next to Quinn's bed.

'It's time,' he said, looking between Beth and Quinn.

'They're here?' Beth questioned, frowning.

The doctor nodded. 'They have two of our people. They're going to trade.'

Hope flared up in her chest like a hot flame. They were here...Well, of course they were. If the look on Daryl's face when the car hit her was anything to go by, it was actually a surprise it had taken them this long.

Beth nodded, determination radiating off her features. She jumped up and detached Quinn from the drip, then offered her her hand.

Taking a deep breath to prepare herself for the pain, Quinn reached out and let herself be pulled up. A dull pain flared through her spine and from there it spread through her entire body. She shivered, then frowned. She wasn't wearing her own clothes but instead some sort of blue hospital gown.

The doctor noticed her look and reached behind him, taking a pile of familiar looking dirty clothes and laying it down on the end of her bed. 'We'll let you get dressed.' Then he turned and left the room.

'You sure you don't need any help?' Beth asked, studying Quinn intently.

She nodded. 'I'm sure.'

The teenager seemed to doubt but accepted her answer and left the room, closing the door behind her.

A shaky breath left Quinn's lips before she pushed herself off the bed and stood on her weak legs. A curse left her lips when she lost her balance and almost fell. She leaned against the wall for support and slowly started to get dressed.

Every movement was painful and as she stood there almost naked she could see her skin was colored like a painting, yellow, purple and blue bruises covering her arms, legs and stomach. Bandage was wrapped around the arm she had injured when they had gone down the bridge. She was weak and would be a liability out there but staying here wasn't an option either...