26. plans of war

26. plans of war

 plans of war

QUINN

     'DO YOU TRUST HIM?' SHE ASKED Michonne, shivering in the cold morning air as she played with a straw of grass in her hands. 'Rick?'

She turned to look at her companion who was sitting next to her, her katana placed at her feet. It was early in the morning, the sun had barely risen when the two had woken up. They were used to waking up early, getting up and trying to stay alive all day. Here inside the fences of the prison however there was no need to worry about safety and that almost felt weird to her.

Michonne didn't answer her question, instead she looked at the courtyard.

Quinn followed her glare and noticed Rick walking down from the prison unto the meadow, heading towards the graves that were set up in the corner of the field. She frowned when he kept on looking around as he arrived there, pinching the bridge of his nose. She had noticed that weird habbit before but now it almost seemed like he was trying to calm himself down somehow.

She turned to look at Michonne who had a frown on her face as well as they watched the man. Suddenly he turned around and ran towards the gate. Michonne reached for katana and Quinn felt herself taking one of the daggers firmly in her hand.

Had he seen something? Was someone coming? But as her eyes scanned the fences she saw nothing but a few lonely walkers out there.

Michonne walked up to the gate, closing it behind Rick as he ran towards a small bridge just outside of the fence.

Quinn placed her dagger back behind her belt and frowned at Rick, his hands outstrechted, touching nothingness that was clearly something to him. Looking at her friend she noticed she was staring at the man as well. Clearly not understanding what he was doing either.

'Come on,' Michonne finally said, looking away from the strange phenomenon and heading back towards the prison. Quinn took a deep breath before following her friend.

When they entered C block, Glenn and Carl were sitting on the ground, drawing a map on the floor with chalk. Maggie was watching from a distance and Milo sat on one of the chairs, biting his nails absentmindedly as he watched the map on the ground. Beth, Carol and Axel watched as well, while Hershel just came stumbling out of the cell block.