Milo scoffed but didn't reply, just shook his head. He was screwed and so decided it was okay to screw some people along the way too. Give them hope when there was none. He should've seen it coming, should've known it wasn't that easy. But he fell for it and now he felt like an idiot.

'I also lied about T. Brooks Ellis liking my hair,' Eugene went on and it took everything within him to not shut the scientist up with a punch to his face. 'I do not know T. Brooks Ellis. But I did read some of his books and he seemed like the type of guy that wouldn't blink twice at a Tennesse Top Hat. Again...I am smarter than you. Now you may wanna leave me here but...'

They would never know what he wanted to say because Abraham jumped up from the ground and punched Eugene straight in the face. And despite the situation Milo almost laughed. But when the soldier threw in another punch, and another, Eugene turned awfully still and fell to the ground.

'No,' Glenn mumbled.

Abraham was about to storm towards the man once again but Rosita jumped between them, her hand on her gun, a warning glare on her face, daring Abraham to touch him.

The soldier seemed to understand her warning, stumbled backwards before falling down on his knees on the asphalt.

Milo watched on as the others tried to get Eugene to talk, to react or do something but he lay motionless on the ground. Not dead but probably in shock.

Well, he wasn't the only one.

Glenn was the first one to step away, taking a deep shaky breath before turning around and walking down the road, his expression completely numb.

Gathering the last bit of strength he had within him, Milo pushed himself back on his feet and walked after him. No one should be alone right now.

He found his friend just around the corner of the road, staring at the crazy amount of walkers far ahead of them. Finally a herd so big that it caused enough trouble for Eugene to open his mouth and spill out the truth. The corpses hadn't moved yet and so it appeared that all the noise they just made, hadn't drawn their attention.

Milo came to a halt next to his friend, letting a silence fall between them. There really wasn't much to say. The explanation from the, apparently, fake scientist had taken all their words away. All their dreams about a new world, a place where they could do better. Now all there was left was this endless darkness they'd been stuck in since the prison fell. Milo couldn't help but fear for his friends. No human being could stay in darkness for too long without becoming it. He'd seen it happen to Rick and was starting to see it within Quinn too. He still didn't know the exact details on what happened with her on the road but somewhere between losing Beth and escaping Terminus, she'd grown cold. He didn't want the darkness to swallow anymore of his friends. He just had no idea how to do it. He couldn't save anyone, couldn't offer a better future or a peaceful home. And so the only question remaining was...

'What do we do now?'

Glenn blinked, as if not noticing Milo before and being slightly startled that he was here. He shook his head, moving his hand through his hair to get it out of his face. 'I-I,' he started, then took a deep breath. 'I don't know.'

Milo nodded, finding some comfort in the fact that he wasn't the only one feeling lost. 'Let's get back to the others and figure it out,' he mumbled, suddenly feeling incredibly tired.

Glenn nodded, turning around and heading back to the broken down Fire Truck around the corner. Milo followed him with a heavy heart, afraid of what they'd find but the scene wasn't much different than how they left it.

Abraham was still sitting on his knees, staring at nothing with a numb expression. Maggie and Rosita were knelt down beside Eugene, who was still out cold and Tara was ordering their water rations.