Chapter 27 - Reborn

Start from the beginning

"Why only once a year?! Why not once a month?!" He asks desperately and Tsunade shakes her head at him.

"Because we don't want you in there often enough for her to try and escape. If she misses you then she could end up trying to leave and find you." She says and he nods slouching again.

"Alright you are dismissed." She says softer then usual and he leaves causing her to collapse in her chair and pull out the bottle of Sake stashed in her drawer.

"This has been a long day." She complains and she begins to chug back the bottle.

********

Kakashi walks back to the hospital but he stops when he sees two ANBU holding a bundle in their arms.

"Stop!" He shouts and they turn and stop for him and he races over to them.

"Please let me see her once." He begs and the two look at each other but nod.

Kakashi walks over slowly to the one holding her and he takes her from him. He opens the flap covering her face and he gasps as he sees her tiny eyes staring up at him.

She smiles and he can't help but smile back as tears fall from his eyes.

"Thank you." He says handing her back to the ANBU and they nod and dissapear leaving him crying in the cold night air.

"Mala... You're alive." He whispers with a small smile.

**********

The doctor looked down at the girl sadly. She had been found half dead in the forest a couple of months earlier and has been in a coma ever since.

"I am sorry but she is brain dead." He says sadly to the little boy who found her and he looks at the girl with tears in his eyes.

"No! Please there must be something you can do!" He cries out and the doctor shakes his head sadly.

"The only thing I can do is let her die in peace now." He says and the boy begins to sob and he runs from the room.

He turns back to the girl and he screams and jumps to see her eyes open and staring at him. They looked as green as the healthiest forest.

"Oh my god! But you're dead!" He shouts and she sits up and stretches out.

"Am I? I feel pretty fine if you ask me." She says with a yawn and he rolls his eyes.

"Do you remember what happened to you? Maybe you remember your name?" The doctor asks while he does tests on her to make sure she is healthy.

"I remember something about a village surrounded by forest and a red eye. But that's all I can remember, I don't even know my own name." She says softly looking sad and the little boy from earlier walks in and stares at her in shock.

"You're awake!" He shouts with joy and the woman smiles at the young boy now jumping up and down and holding her hand while he does.

"I don't know if you remember but I found you in the woods! Then I brought you here to be taken care of!" The boy shouts and she smiles gratefully at him.

"Thank you... err I don't even know your name." She says blushing slightly and he smiles.

"My name is Hamarasu! What's yours?" He asks looking excited and she frowns slightly.

"I don't remember, maybe you can help me find one?" She asks and his eyes light up.

"Of course! Come on we will ask my mom what she thinks!" He shouts and he begins to drag her out the door.