am i a loser?

Squidward thought his day couldn't get any worse. He was woken up at 5 am by his annoying neighbor, Spongebob, and completely embarrassed himself in front of him on their way to work. Why did this matter to Squidward? Well, you see, Squidward was actually very fond about-

   Anyways, as I was saying.

   He stood behind the register, as always, aimlessly flipping through a magazine about Broadway shows, when he heard the door to the Krusty Krab open. He looked up to be greeted with an all-too-familiar face.

   "Oh, I'm so glad to see you here!"

   Squilliam. Squidward's first (and last) boyfriend, whom he dated in high school. Of course, that relationship didn't last long, as you can probably tell.

   Trying to fight back his anxiety, Squidward groaned. "What do you want?"

   "Just wanted to come see how you were doing. Are you doing well?" Squilliam asked, leaning on the boat thing (???).

   "I'm fine. Now can I take your order?"

   Squilliam furrowed his eyebrow(s?) in frustration. "I didn't come here to eat stupid peasant food, I came here to talk to you! But if you're going to be such a loser, I'm not even going to bother! Nice knowing you!" He spat, leaving as soon as he arrived.

   Squidward clutched the magazine, taking a deep breath. Not now, Squidward. Not now...

   "Order number five? Order number..." Spongebob began, before he noticed his trembling coworker. He quickly set the table down on the correct table and rushed over to Squidward.

   "Hey, Squiddy, are you okay?" He asked, concerned. The octopus could only nod, signifying he was in fact, not okay.

   Spongebob gently took the magazine out of the other's hands (tentacles?), and instead replaced it with his own hands. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Squidward hesitated.

   "...Spongebob?" Squidward muttered. "A-am I a loser...?"

   The sea sponge's eyes widened. "A-a loser? Of course not! Why would you think such a thing?"

   "H-he...said I was..."

   A look of realization dawned on Spongebob's face. "Hey, cmere," he said soothingly as he climbed into the boat and wrapped his arms around Squidward. The latter quickly returned the hug, a few tears managing to escape his eyes.

   "Y'know, Squidward?" Spongebob said after what felt like an eternity. "Even if you are a loser—which you're not—, I still lo- care about you."

   Squidward couldn't help but smile. "Hey, um..do you wanna come over to my place after work?"

   Spongebob beamed. "I thought you'd never ask."

yeah off to a boring start ik. deal with it.