Following You 4

1-28-2019

Rey used the Force to drag Poe back to the room, slamming the door shut angrily.

The figure stood before him, dripping wet her long deep green hair made her appear large and frightening.

"What is that thing?," Poe asked struggling to his feet. Rey walked to her putting a towel around the girl to cover her.

"Me Syliana, " Syliana told him snarling as he saw her sharp teeth. Poe walked to her noticing something beneath her hair. He jumped back seeing two small furry ears atop her head. Rey touched it shyly feeling it,it was warm and velvety as they twitched. Rey pulled her hair up seeing that on either side of her head there were no ears.

"Wow but you look so...," Rey trailed off.

"Human," Poe finished,"in all my years I have never seen something like this."

A loud knock came to the door as Rey turned to hide the girl she saw her climbing under the bed already.

"Undie bed,shh," she told Rey who smiled happily as Poe stood on the side of the bed where she hid.

"Come in," Rey called out as Han Solo walked in.

"I was just coming to," he began as he saw Poe who smiled nervously.

"Hey Han," Poe began," the man,how are ya?," he asked trying to appear normal. He wanted to keep the girl a secret,especially since he didn't know how she even got to the planet. Syliana was not a being of this planet or anyone he's heard or been to,so what was she?

"I was checking on my daughter in law,"he told Poe,"why are you here?"

" I checking on my friend and now," he began as he felt a light tug on his pants he looked down to see a small hand holding a beautiful flower. He grabbed it as he rushed out past Han Solo. Once out the door he examined it, it was Edelweiss, a beautiful flower that grew in harsh conditions in Alpaine. Unknown to him it represented courage and devotion,which he demonstrated for not telling Han where she was.

Rey waited for Han to talk,he seemed uneasy as he sat in a nearby chair. Han inhaled deeply as he smelled something that was familiar. The air smelled of hibiscus and moss, his childhood showed the glowing golden eyes of his mother as she cooked him soup. How she wore her hair atop her head messily yet low to hide her ears. The many flowers and exotic plants that filled their small hut that she grew from her skin and planted.

"I know that marriage...is difficult especially as a Jedi and with you and his...past," Han told her.

"I just need a bit of space is all," Rey said sitting on the bed. "I love Ben Solo deeply but something feels," she tried to explain losing words.

"Something feels wrong," Han told her," I've felt it too,yet probably because of my connection to Leia," he told her. As she nodded his head in agreement, they atmosphere the balance had shifted yet it was not good or bad,just diffrent.

"I don't want to worry Ben with my problems," Rey stated looking at the bed. Ben would not approve of her hiding the girl,if he saw her as a threat to the Resistance or her,he'd kill her. Rey couldn't tell what she felt in the girl,she felt void,no good or bad,just existing.

"Um...odd question," Rey began,"are there a race of people who are born with umbilical cords?," she asked.

"Well there's a race that's extinct," he told her," they were Alyciphorians," he sighed," they are born adults physically and children mentally,they appear more animal than any race, control earth things and are re-born every 200 years or less." Han paused wondering why she asked him, his mother was the last of her kind and that was many years ago.

"Why are you asking that, I'm talking about marriage and stuff," he told her as she laughed nervously.

"Just curious been reading alot," she lied which Han knew because there was only one book on that species and he had it.

"Did you sense one?," he asked, " with the whole shift thing."

"No just...curious," she replied. Han stood hearing his knees pop loudly due to his age.

"The point is don't let this come between you two, you need each other, " Han told her walking out. Rey mulled over what was said as she jumped up seeing a yellow liquid on the floor.

"Oh no," Rey said aloud as she got Syliana from under the bed,she had peed on herself. Rey turned back on the shower telling Syliana to stay as she ran to the stocking bay. People eyed her as she sped past them rushing to see if there were diapers some where. Going in a drawer that was labeled DIAPERS she grabbed an arm full as she rushed back to her room.

Coming inside she saw Ben about to knock she rushed to the door blocking him.

"I was just coming to say goodnight," he told her as he went to touch her she stepped back.

"Goodnight Ben," she spoke quickly as the door opened she went inside as he grabbed her arm stopping her. He noticed the diapers and a yellow liquid on the floor.

"Are you ok?," he asked low as she nodded he heard the shower water running.

"Ben wait!," she called out as he stepped inside the bathroom and paused.

"I can explain," she began yet as she looked past him,she saw nothing except a large bush of colorful flowers in the shower.

"You dropped the plant and need to clean it up," Ben chuckled, " this would be my first time we're married and not sleeping together," he began. He thought he did something, maybe he wasn't supportive enough, maybe she was stressed about what they were feeling. Ben opened the shower door as he inhaled the strong floral aroma. It filled him,made him feel happy and whole,it calmed his fears that he was doing something wrong as a husband and Rey's friend.

"Don't touch it Ben, I'll clean it," Rey told him as he turned he smiled brightly.

"Its ok,but a mop would help more than diapers," he said jokingly kissing her forehead,"I'll see you tomorrow I'll give you space," he said as she heard the door close behind him. Rey looked at the Bush as yellow eyes stared back,her hair unfolded from looking like leaves and flowers to billowing around her body as she stood.

"Me no hide undie bed,sorry," Syliana said trying to smile. Rey soaped up a towel as she bathed the girl, getting herself wet. Syliana got out and dried off as Rey had her sit on the toilet until she used it.

"If you need to potty,go in this," Rey told her," but if you can't make it,this will help," she added putting the blue diaper on her. Syliana nodded her head in agreement as she sat the girl on her bed,she grabbed her brush.

"I'll do your hair," Rey told her gathering the long hair. It was all the way to the shower in length its thick green curls decorated with flowers. Rey was amazed by the texture it was thick and coarse yet quite soft. Rey hummed a lullaby as she brushed it the flowers seemed to be closing as she did her best not to tug on them. Soon Syliana was asleep in her arms as she laid her down and tucked her in,remembering to find clothes for the girl.

***

Ben laid awake in a spare room, he felt so alone as he laid still trying to rest yet he couldn't. He had grown so use to Rey and him being together each night for two years. He tried not to question it,just assumed Rey needed space to focus. Yet he heard humming of a soft lullaby,it seemed like it was coming from Rey yet he could not see her. The sound brought him comfort and he drifted to sleep,pieces of lavender falling on the bed.

🖤💫🖤💫🖤💫🖤💫🖤💫🖤💫🖤💫🖤

Vote,comment,share and happy reading