Chapter Two

Three Days Later

I feel like I've been walking forever. I need a break, but I don't feel safe doing that in the open. I've stopped at a few gas stations, and stocked up on anything I needed. I've also seen my face as "missing" while passing through some places. In the distance, I seen a sign.
"Trout Spring Trail" I whisper to myself.
This is perfect. I continue to walk and see a trail with a forest beyond it. I walk around and found a place with several benches. I sit on one and take out some food, water, and my sketchbook. I start to draw me and my bestfriend, Alex. He was the only one that understood me back home. Then I take out my phone, should I call him? Let him know I'm okay? I turn on my phone and start to dial his number.
"Y/n? Where the fuck have you been?" Alex asks.
"I left Alex, I couldn't stand it anymore. I'm safe, I'm okay." I tell him.
"Thank god, where are you?"
"I'm sorry, I can't tell you Alex, and I can't come back. You know what they will do." I start to tear up.
"I miss you Y/n." he says.
"I miss you too. I will call you again, I'm so sorry. I love you so much Alex, goodbye."
I hang up and start crying. I couldn't stand hearing his voice knowing I left without a proper goodbye.
A few moments later I hear some voices, I shoot my head up and see a little boy, and a older boy. The little one looked at me, and started walking towards me.
"Fuck..." I whisper to myself.
"Hi! I'm Daniel! Who are you?" the little boy asks me.
"I-I'm y/n," I say trying to cover the fact I've been crying.
The older boy steps behind his brother and puts his hand on his shoulder.
     "I'm sorry about him..." the older boy says.
   "O-oh no.. I-it's okay..." I almost whisper.
      "What are you doing out here by yourself?" the older boy asks.
     "I- uhh..." I'm lost for words. I didn't expect to see someone here. "I'm just camping." I didn't know what else to say.
     "We are too! You should come with us!" Daniel exclaims.
      "Uh.. is that okay?" I glance at both of them.
    "Yeah, it's totally cool." The older boy says. "I'm Sean by the way."
      "I'm y/n.." I reply.
     We start walking deeper into the woods, Sean and Daniel are talking a lot to each other, I just trail behind. We finally arrive at some place with a lake and some sort of rock thing. (I genuinely don't know what its called, I'm kinda dumb, if you've played/watched lis2 you know what I'm talking about)
     "This is.. perfect." Sean says.
       "It's so pretty here." I whisper.
   We go to the rock, it was hollow, perfect for a shelter.
     "We need to make a fire." Sean says.
      "Okay! What should I do?" Daniel asks.
   "You... you get stuff to protect us from those creepers, and skeletons or whatever." Sean replies.
I smile at this, I remember having this type of bond with Max and Chloe.. fuck I miss them. I hope they're okay.
     "Uh.. I'll go get stuff for a fire.." I tell Sean.
He nods and walks with me to get some wood, luckily there were some sticks and tiny logs lying around so it was pretty simple.
     "What are you doing Daniel?" Sean asks his little brother.
     "I'm protecting us from creepers! Remember?" Daniel replies.
     "Oh.. yeah, let us help." Sean and I walk over to the huge log and push it over by the shelter.
     "Good job Daniel!" I tell him.
He smiles at me and I give him a high five. Kids have always had a special place in my heart. I'm not sure why, but they do. I go and slowly walk towards the lake, admiring the beauty. Daniel had a stick in his hand jabbing at the water.
    "Hey bud, what are you doing?" I ask him.
      "I'm trying to catch a fish!" He tells me.
    "That's nice!" I reply. Daniel was such a cute kid. I've always loved kids this wholesome. I go and find some rocks to try and skip.
     "What are you doing y/n?" Daniel asks.
    "Oh, I'm just skipping rocks." I tell him.
      "I don't know how..." he tells me.
      "Want me to teach you?" Sean comes behind and asks. Daniel nods. We spend a bit teaching Daniel.
     "I can't do it!" Daniel exclaims.
     "You can bud, keep trying. I believe in you." I tell him. Daniel try's again, and he does it.
     "Good job Daniel! I knew you could!" I exclaim. Sean gives him a high five and we all walk back to the fire, and Sean lights it. I get out some chips, water and 3 choc-o-crisps.
     "Oh! I love choc-o-crisps!" Daniel exclaims.
     "Here bud, you can have one." I say as handing him one. I motion the other one towards Sean, and he gladly takes it.
     "Thank you y/n..." Sean says.
     "Yeah, no problem.." I reply.
We spend a while eating while admiring this place. After Daniel is done eating, he goes and lays on top of the rock.
     "Woah! It's so pretty up here!" Daniel tells us.
     "Were coming!" Sean says. We both get up and lay on the rock with Daniel. They were having a conversation, but I zoned out watching the sky.
     "Y/n?" Sean says.
     "Oh.. sorry I zoned out." I say laughing.
     "Yeah, uh.. I need to ask you something..." Sean mutters.
     "What's up?" I say as I sit up.
     "Don't freak, but I've seen your missing posters around... what.... happened?" Sean says, looking me in the eye.
I felt my face tense, of course he did.
     "Fuck..." I whisper to myself. "I.. I uh... I ran a...away. My parents that adopted me.. they're abusive assholes... I-I couldn't stand it anymore.. so I left..." My vision started going blurry, I quickly wipe my tears and look down at the ground.
     "I'm sorry y/n.." Sean whispers.
Daniel looked at me with sad eyes but I force a smile at him.
     "It's okay... I could have had it worse, I could be dead with everyone else when that tornado hit in Arcadia Bay." I say with a blank face.
     "You use to live there..?" Sean asks.
     "Yeah, when the tornado hit, I was by a lighthouse, and somehow survived... my best friends left me there..." I whisper at the end.
     "Holy shit y/n.. I'm sorry." Sean says.
     "It's okay..." I say with a forced smile.
Daniel gets up and hugs me.
     "Thank you... for letting me talk..." I say.
I get up, as does Sean, and he pulls me in for a hug. As we're hugging, I break down.
     "Why did that have to happen... why did they leave me..." I mumble in his chest.
We stood there for a good minute just hugging. I haven't had a genuine moment in forever, I just met these boys but I feel like I can trust them.
     "Are you gonna be okay..?" Sean asks.
     "Yeah, I'm okay. Thank you, you too Daniel." I say.
Daniel smiles at me and we all go down to the fire. I sit there for a moment, sipping on my water.
"I'm tireddd" Daniel tells us.
     "Why don't you guys get some rest? I'm gonna stay up for a bit." I say.
Sean and Daniel nod in agreement and go to lay down. I go in my bag and take out my cigarettes and lighter, go sit next to the lake, and smoke my problems way.