12) Three Weeks Later

Dale went around the forest with his brother, Latina went to look at some puppies with Wendelgard, and I was brought on a tour by Magda. We stopped by a couple stores, getting some food for her to cook with, some random stuff for the both of us. As we walked we talked.

"Alice, why does that name sound familiar?" She asked.

"Dale and I met before, we adventured together for a while"

"I remember that. But you look like someone as well..."

"I am a princess," I said shyly.

She gasped. "That's where I've seen you! You made an appearance at a festival once before," she stared ahead dreamily. "My son's with a princess, that'll make me related to the future king!"

I blushed. "U-uh what do you mean he's with me?"

"Aren't you two together? Do you like him?"

"I-it's confusing"

"How?"

"Well, I'm a princess and I don't know what my parents might think if I were to end up with an adventurer..."

"So you do like him!"

I looked away nervously, unable to say otherwise. She giggled but walked on in silence. When we made it back to her house she didn't mention any of it again.

"Where did Dale and Latina go?" I asked Wendelgard.

"Latina went out to play, I'm not sure about my idiot grandson," she responded boredly.

"Thanks"

I located them somewhere in the nearby mountain and took my time following the trail. When I made it to the others I found them with a pack of white wolves, except they all had a set of wings.

"Whoa, Soaring Wolves? I thought they were only a legend!" I said excitedly.

"Alice!?" Dale asked in surprise. "How did you find us?"

"Tracking spell. You should know by now," I joked.

I went over to one of the smaller Soaring Wolves, being careful as I approached them. They let me pet them and soon rolled over onto their back, letting me rub their stomach.

"They're so cute," I giggled.

"Aren't they?" Latina said happily.

Dale had to almost drag us away from the wolves as it started to get late. Latina and I couldn't stop talking about them as we walked back to the house.

***

The wedding had finally come and we were all getting ready. I stepped out of the house, wearing the traditional dress Magda had given me to wear for Yorck's and Freida's wedding. Everyone was already out there, and they all stared at me, Latina running over to hug me.

"You look so pretty, Alice!" She told me.

"You chose a beautiful girl, son," Randolph said.

I blushed at his words, but Dale blushed as well. There was a chiming as men walked forward down the path, carrying Freida in a palanquin. They set it down and one of them escorted Freida towards Yorck. After the ceremony we then went inside, passing the newly weds a flower as we each gave them our blessings.

"So, when are you and Dale getting married?" Wendelgard asked me as I snacked on some of the foods they had set out.

"We're not even together, there isn't going to be a wedding," I mumbled stubbornly.

"Not yet, I see the way you two look at each other"

"I-I'm going outside for a bit," I said, going towards the front door.

"Dale's outside~"

I changed my direction, heading for the back door instead. Wendelgard chuckled at my reaction but didn't say anything else.

"Be careful, you did have some to drink," Magda told me.

"I will, thanks"

I wandered around the beautiful and large garden area, taking in all the sights and flowery scents. I stopped in front of a large tree, looking up at it.

"I'm glad I decided to leave the castle in the end," I said to myself.

I continued past the tree. There was a hill that went down to a river. I wasn't going to go any further but someone ran into me, the both of us rolling down the hill.

I sat up angrily, going to yell at whoever pushed me down the hill, but saw Dale sitting up, rubbing his head.

"Sorry, I tripped over a tree root," he said.

I sighed. "It's okay, but this dress is now probably full of grass stains. It was so pretty, and it doesn't even belong to me"

"I know a spell to fix that!"

He said the spell and fixed my dress right up. He helped me up to my feet and didn't let go of my hand. Then he helped me as we walked back up the hill, making sure we didn't fall again.

We sat down at the tree, leaning against the trunk, shoulder to shoulder. He laid his head on my shoulder, his eyes closing as he almost fell asleep.

"Dale, you can't fall asleep now"

"Just a couple minutes," he mumbled.

He wrapped his arms around me and I gave in, laying my head on top of his. We both fell asleep, but I woke up a couple minutes later, uncomfy with how I was laying against the tree.

I woke Dale up and I pulled him back to the house where we dropped to the bed, falling fast asleep right away.

After being there for a month we finally headed back home, running into a couple problems here and there, but over all it worked out well and we made it back safely.