4. A nice way to put it

"Mia...

Mia...

Mia..."

I could hear someone calling out my name. I try to open my eyes, but I can't. My eyelids feel like a ton of bricks. It feels impossible to open them.

"Slowly. Blink." I hear a male voice say.

I listen to the instructions and slowly blink a few times. The more I try blinking, the weight of my eyelids decreases. I slowly open my eyes to see I'm sitting in a dark room. It was too dark to see anything or anyone, except the outline of the hospital bed which I lay on.

"Where am I? Why is is so dark? Who are you? What do you want with me?" At a rapid pace I fire questions to the male voice, which holds my hand.

"Breath. Calm down, then we will speak. " The voice making slow comforting circles on my part with his finger.

I listen to this voice again, breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth. The room has a relaxing smell of lavender and something I can't quite put my finger on. As I rank my brain, the voice starts to speak.

"You okay now?" The could hear a shuffling noise.

"Yeah..." I take a breath, waiting for his answer to all my questions. 

"Well first of all, I'm Joe. I'm a nurse in this hospital. You have been transferred to this hospital after being diagnosed with a serious case of anxiety. You might have depression, but we have not done tests yet. We need to have many test done and we were waiting for you to wake up. You have been unconscious for approximately 3 days. Which makes today a Sunday."

"Why is there no lights in this room?" I ask curiously, waiting for the new news to set in.

"Well, when people normally wake up it take a few hours for their eyes to properly adjust to the light. So that is why every room is fitted with these type of lights. When I press this button..." I felt a remote being placed in my hand. "... It makes the lights switch on at a very slow pace."

"Okay..." I can't feel anything at the moment but my fingers. I seriously hope I'm not paralysed. 

"Would you like to switch on the light?" Joe asks.

"Yeah." I answer wanting to see the room I'm in.

The remote is taken from me as the lights slowly switch on. My eyes adjust slowly, just at the same pace as the light. This was fantastic! 

"Why can't I feel anything?" I try my hardest to move my body, but it resists.

"You've been through tramendous shock, it might take a few hours to wear off." Joe says, his voice becoming fainter.

When the lights are finally at its brightest, it stops getting brighter. I look towards Joe to see an empty seat. 

Not even two seconds later Joe walks in with a tray of food. He sits next to me, on a chair, and slowly begins feeding it too me.

"What tests have to be done?" I ask while being feed a delicious bowl of Mac and Cheese. I couldn't move any part of my body, and Joe had to help me sit up to eat.

"Well..." I could see Joe's minding spinning, the dials find out the possible outcomes. "Err... Well for one we have to confirm your metal stability, like depression and anxiety... And physical injuries, we haven't checked you for any injuries. We have only been speculating. So... Yeah..." 

I look at my desert, on the tray. It looks like a chocolate cake but it tastes like fudge. I don't know why I'm complaining though. 

"Why am I wearing a hospital gown?" Only now do I realise the clothes that have been in my body, all this time. 

"Well... When you came in you clothes were torn to shreds and they were full of blood... So yeah..." Joe wipes the corner of my mouth with napkins.

"I don't remember getting my clothes torn or getting blood on them..." I say, turning my head away.

I look at a painting in the far corner of the room. It's painted onto a simple canvas, but something just attracts me to it. Maybe it's the dark colours bit the actual meaning behind the painting, that I can't seem to grasp. But this painting has something about it, it just makes you want to figure it out.

"Err... It was your blood. It was generally near you pelvic region, which lead doctors to believe that you might have been raped..." He looks at me as I study the painting. I'm sure he expects me to blow out the roof, but I can't feel anything. bother physically and emotionally. This whole thing is just too stressful! 

"How long would it take to get my results?" I can't believe that my virginity was taken away by some sycophantic man, who did the same thing to my mother. I just can't believe it!

"It could take about a day or two... depends on what they looking for..." He still has that wary look on his face.

"Can we start the rest now?" All I can think about the possibility of me being raped. It circulates in my mind, diving me insane. 

"Right now?" Joe looks at me then the clock on the wall. The clock said it was 3 o'clock. 

"Yeah, the quicker the better. " My mind is spinning too fast, even I can't understand my thoughts that are being processed 

"Okay." Joe gets up and walks out to the room, only to come back with some empty syringes and vials.

"We can take you to get checked physically to confirm that you have been raped. The blood tests will give us the information on what is in your blood and if you could be pregnant..."

Could be pregnant? 

Could be pregnant? 

Could be pregnant? 

COULD BE PREGNANT?!?!

I'm pulled in my bed into the hallway. I look at Joe, even if I can't move my head .

"I'm taking you to see the doctor. He will check you up." Joe hold a transparent plastic packet with a whole bunch of blood samples.

How did I miss that?

-----------------------------

"You will get the results of your test for being pregnant tomorrow." The doctor says taking of his gloves.  "Would you like a therapist? It's hard for everyone to find out that they have been raped..."

Yeah, nice way to put it!

mY_LiFe_Is_BoOkS