[author's note]

Hello ^^ (I appreciate it if you could read this ♡♡♡)

So first of all, if you have read this story from the beginning until here, I want to say thank you, thank you and thank you. I'm wondering (if you could remember), how did you come across this story? I'd love to know how you came to know about Crescent.

Honestly writing Crescent has been such a long journey of mixed emotions. I used up my whole semester to write this story; I don't know how many tears and cups of coffee were sacrificed while I was creating this. I can't believe the chapters totalled up to 70, because the furthest I've written was 63 chapters, and even then I think I broke my keyboard. As of the time of writing, Crescent has reached 6k votes, and honestly that is insane for me and as we speak, I'm crying my eyes out TT

This story is unrealistic in my opinion, but welcome to my imagination, where anything can happen. Which is also the reason I decided to mould it into a story, because I'm a hopeless romantic who just happens to have a lot of love that I don't know who to give it to. I know nothing about romance but I somehow ended up writing about it a lot in this story... which I know can be very cringy but I love it. What better way to spend your time than daydreaming about loyal and respectful attractive boys who have eyes for no one other than their true love?

To be very honest, this story turned out nothing like I had planned it in the first place. I never planned for the characters in the story to have their own partners (except for the main characters) but whoops. There was no initial plan on who Han Byul was going to end up with. I guess I gave 6 of them the love of their lives because I wanted a somewhat complete loop. The last chapter was more of me trying to give the closure to everyone, a story for each member to give a rough idea on where they're standing at. I don't know, to me it just feels satisfying to give each of them their own backstory and plans. If I were to list down the ideas that were completely different than my drafts... it would take up a whole day or even more. Even some of the symbolism and references were accidental ones. Let's just say, Crescent didn't turn out like the Crescent I had in my head at all, but I'm happy with it anyway.

While writing this story I learnt a lot because I had to do research on some stuff; I figured my internet history is really suspicious lmao (like why would I want to know how a bolt-action rifle works...???) What I wanted to represent through this story is how the lives of some idols are; these comments basically summed up everything (credits to Chae, who's no longer on Wattpad, and Meybal):

???) What I wanted to represent through this story is how the lives of some idols are; these comments basically summed up everything (credits to Chae, who's no longer on Wattpad, and Meybal):

Why Crescent? Because the song is amazing but y'all never appreciate this instrumental masterpiece

Why Crescent? Because the song is amazing but y'all never appreciate this instrumental masterpiece. Just kidding. I just like the word 'Crescent'; it has a nice loop to it. And would sound like a gorgeous name for a cafe with gorgeous men.

Because, as always after completing a story I get so attached to the characters, I decided to give the couples their own songs :D
Yunho x Byul: Hailee Steinfeld - Afterlife
Seonghwa x Akira: Hey Violet - Queen of the Night
Wooyoung x Mikyung: Alex & Sierra - I Love You
Yeosang x Anna: Saint Rock - Dirty Mirrors
San x Danbi: Nea - Some Say
Mingi x Emira: Jonas Brothers - Love Her

Not to forget songs dedicated to the amazing Hongjoong and Jongho <3
Hongjoong: Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour
Jongho: Sleeping At Last - Turning Page

I'm grateful to every single one of you who read, voted and commented because although I have said this a million times, they really, really, really mean a lot to me. THANK YOU. Even a one-word comment makes me happy, knowing that you enjoy my work even though I know I have a lot to improve. I'll have to comb through the chapters to edit and correct any mistakes, but I'll probably do it really slowly. I apologize for any discrepancies because sometimes they can just fly over my head and I didn't have the energy to scrutinize through every detail.

Unfortunately, I don't own any of the characters in the story (except the OCs). Please do note that ATEEZ in this story do NOT reflect how they behave in real life, and their characters are merely products of my imagination. I'm not affiliated with ATEEZ (though I hope I am lol) so this has nothing to do with them, but I'm only using their names and a bit of their personalities to create the characters in this story. ATEEZ are wonderful boys who work hard to achieve their dreams so please continue to support them <3 (p.s. also stan ONEUS and A.C.E)

I lowkey want to write short stories about their normal lives after, but maybe some time down the road, or it may never come. I just want to hibernate for a month or more before I start the new semester.

I would appreciate it if you could share your thoughts about this story, because it's new territory for me, but please be very gentle and nice because I'm really soft TT

First chapter posted: 30 August 2019
Final chapter posted: 25 January 2020

Although I'm an awkward potato, don't hesitate to message me simply to talk because I love meeting new ATINYs! Thank you again, and I hope that we do get to meet in another story <3
dreamperfection