Chapter 27: Operation Salji Tebal

Start from the beginning

I chuckled, enjoying his intense gaze. "I'll look forward to that."

.

Several days later

Captain Frank entered the office with our boss in tow. Seeing him, we shot up from our seats, raced to form two lines along the desks and saluted him. His name was General Ryker Smith, Director of the Police Force and he was a stern man who'd sacrifice his life for his country.

"At ease, Wolf," he said. "I hear General Lin wants to meet you lot."

Tension filled the air upon hearing his statement. We were uneasy.

"Don't worry," he said. "I'll be tagging along. You're in safe hands. Let's go."

"Yes sir!"

The ride to the Public Bureau took twenty minutes thanks to the light traffic and we were herded into one of the meeting rooms on the second floor. We were told that General Lin was on his way and they left without another word. So, we took a seat each and waited for General Lin to arrive.

We were chatting earnestly with the boss, discussing about our latest mission when the main man entered the room and we rose from our seats to salute him. Both the Generals greeted the other, shook hands and sat down. We sat down after a command was given.

"I'm sure you know that I am the father of Private Blake Lin," General Lin spoke gravely, looking at all of us one by one. "Now, I want to know what happened to him."

"Why would you want to do that?" General Smith asked. "A report has been given to you upon request."

"Are you questioning my intention, General?"

"Yes."

"He's my son, I deserve to know."

"We do not fabricate our reports, General," he replied with ease. "I'm sure Wolf would say the same. What had happened was something no parent would want to experience but he is Wolf after all. They are the best in what they do."

General Lin did not like what General Smith said. He must've read and memorized the report as the next question targeted me. "Who's the sniper in your team?" he asked.

"I am, sir."

"You are Lieutenant Amelia Irfan, yes?"

"Yes, I am, sir."

"According to your report, you saw Blake negotiating with an enemy," he said and interlocked his fingers together. "You did not see him get shot."

"No, I did not sir."

"If you could see him, you could've seen him get shot. Explain yourself, Lieutenant."

Wolf stirred upon hearing that statement. The boys were not happy with what he said. I knew what he was trying to do. I tried to keep my temper steady. I took a deep breath to calm myself, knowing that anything I could say would be detrimental to the team. I looked at Frank and then I looked at General Smith.

He was smiling and that is not good. 

"It's thanks to Lieutenant Amelia that your precious son is still alive," General Smith said as he checked his nails. "No trained sniper could've done what she did. Being in Wolf, sympathy to the enemy is never an option. I will ensure that this will never happen again."

General Lin looked like he got his ass beaten in front of everyone. He looked pale with anger. General Smith was still smiling serenely at the other man. I kept his gaze coolly, keeping my temper steady would be the best thing to do at this moment. The room was silent, as we waited for both Generals to speak.