Chapter 15: Batshit Crazy

The sun decided to visit me today, its golden rays shining down to the garden and I took the time to soak in the sunlight. I was lying down on the grass – staring up at the clouds and clearing my mind when a man approached my line of vision – peeking down at me.

"Aren't you cosy?" he asked.

I frowned. "Who are you?"

He grinned as he extended a hand down to me, expecting me to shake his hand even though we were facing upside down. "I am Mori Haruto, Kirishima's friend," he introduced. "Pleased to meet you."

I shook his hand. "Amelia Irfan."

"Do you need help in getting up?"

"I'm not getting up. The sun's out."

Haruto-san looked thoughtful at my statement and turned to look up at the sky before he hunkered down next to me, letting out a sigh of relief. I wasn't expecting him to lie down with his expensive suit so I gave him a confused look, before I looked away.

"This is nice, Kirishima has a very nice garden," he commented.

"Are you here to meet him?" I asked. "He's not back yet."

"I know," he said. "I wanted to meet you and introduce myself first."

"Are you yakuza also?"

He burst out laughing. It was a bright laugh. "Yes, I am."

"How long have you known him?"

"Since we were kids," he replied and he propped himself up by his elbow as he looked at me eagerly. "Do you want to know more about him?"

"I want to but he's not telling me," I said with a sigh. "I don't want to force him."

"You're too nice! I'll tell you."

I looked at him suspiciously.

"He once put ten boys in the hospital when he was in middle school just because they made him angry," he said. "He's got quite a masochistic streak in him."

I remained silent.

"He once fucked a girl in her yukata during his middle school years, and it caused a big problem," he continued on with a laugh. "She also made a pregnant scare."

I took that news in stride.

"He was in the advanced programme in high school because he said the normal lessons were too slow for him and he'd read up during the lesson."

"Then he had many, many, many side flings, usually with older women. We even fought once when he fucked my then-girlfriend."

I looked at him and noticed that he was staring at me – as if anticipating my reaction to his stories. Seeing that I had none, he looked dismayed and I realised that he has a sadistic streak in him.

"What the fuck is wrong with the both of you?" I asked in exasperation. "One is a masochist and the other is a sadist. No wonder you two get along so well."

Haruto-san burst into laughter at my statement – doubled over as he cackled like a madman.

"Oh, I like you!" he declared as blew a kiss at me.

I had no time to react when I heard a shout from behind me and I turned around to see an angry-looking Kirishima ambling his way towards us.