Chapter One

I'm so tired of this. I'm tired of never being enough for them. None of this should have happened. All I wanted was to be happy. I'm planning on leaving soon. I'm planning on starting my own life at 16.

Flashback

"Huh? I thought to my self.
I slowly got up to see everything around me destroyed. I was confused, but then I remembered, Max's vision! It was true, but where were they? Where was Chloe, where was Max? The diner. I start to quickly walk to the diner, hoping they were there.
Everything was gone, I couldn't believe it, but I couldn't let this stop me from getting to the diner. I arrive to the diner after walking for a good hour. I forcefully open the door and see Frank, Pompidou, and Joyce.
"Frank! Pompidou! Joyce!" I scream. "Frank? Joyce? Pompidou?"
I pick up Pompidou's body. I expected him to start wagging his tail like he use to, but he didn't. I place my hand on his chest, nothing. No heartbeat. I feel the tears coming, but I try to fight them. I kiss his head and set him down gently. I then go to Frank. I shake him, he wouldn't wake up.
"Frank?" I ask, "Frank! Please, get up! Please!" I cry to his lifeless body.
I check his pulse, nothing. I try to go to Joyce.
"Joyce?" I ask, "Oh god, please Joyce, I can't lose you too!" I scream to her lifeless body.
I try to check her pulse too, again, nothing. I can't believe it. I lost the most important people to me. Someone who was like a mother to me. Why them? I cry to her, I know she's dead but I still try to get her to wake up, I didn't want to accept this, but I had to. I kiss her forehead, sit up and wipe my tears. I decide to go look around and I see Warren.
"NO!!" I scream.
I didn't want to see another person I love die, but I seen him. One of my best friends. I also check his pulse, as expected, nothing. Warren had a travel backpack with him, I took it off and seen what was inside. He had a change of clothes, water, snacks, his phone, his phone charger, and... a picture. A picture of me, him, Max, and Chloe. I cover my mouth to muffle the gasps of me crying. I couldn't see any of this anymore. I took the picture and hugged it, and put it in a safe spot in the bag. I then go around and give everyone's lifeless body one last goodbye. I go in the back of the diner and grab a few more things, and leave the diner. I start walking away from the town I loved the most, taking one last look goodbye.

     Present day
12:01 AM
I'm packing all my essentials in Warrens bag, I can't believe it's been two years since the tornado. I look up at the picture he had, and smile at it. I take the picture and put it in a safe spot. I then go get my toothbrush and toothpaste on the bathroom. I have been saving money since I got here. I have about 208$ saved, I put it in my wallet and put it in my bag.
"Good thing these people don't give a fuck about me" I thought to myself.
I decide I'm going to leave in the morning when they leave for work, it's the perfect time. I then go to bed for the night.
6:45 AM
"Wake up!" I hear Lacey say to me.
"I'm up..." I say to her.
"Yeah, you have shit to do around here while Braylon and I are at work." she says.
I nod, and get up. I go and get dressed, and do a little makeup. Then I go to eat breakfast, then start my "shit" as Lacey calls it. Eventually, they leave. Fifteen minutes later, I go and get my bag, put on my favorite hoodie, and leave. I take one last look at the house and start my journey.

First chapter done! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! This is my first story I'm writing, I hope it isn't too bad! I'm really nervous to publish this so uh, yeahh. If you're reading this, thank you!