Chapter 5: The Rules

Start from the beginning

Theo rushed to her side as he pulled off his belt and helped her tie it around Lydia's waist while Stiles remained paralyzed at the doorway, his eyes on his girlfriend.

Isaac had rushed down to help Malia and as much as Allison wanted to check on Lydia she had to help stop Tracy so she went with the beta as well.

Imogen glanced at her boyfriend, "It's okay, we got this." She assured him.

Scott nodded and nudged his best friend who still remained unmoved. "Stiles, I'm fine. Help Tracy. Find Tracy. Go." She told him softly, her voice weak from the blood she had lost earlier. Stiles wordlessly nodded and followed behind his best friend.

"She lost a lot of blood." Theo commented, noting Lydia's pale complexion.

"Tracy cut her pretty deep." Imogen muttered, feeling guilty. If she hadn't moved out of the way, Lydia wouldn't have gotten hurt. She whispered a soothing spell in hopes that it would lessen Lydia's pain as she passed out. "We have to get her to the hospital." They couldn't wait for an ambulance.

Theo thought this might give him a chance to get on her good side considering that he was aware that she was a bit wary of him. "Alright, let's go." He said, picking Lydia up in his arms.

'We're taking Lydia to the hospital. She needs a doctor.' Imogen told Scott and got a worried okay in response. As her and Theo were getting in her car, Lydia's mom was quick to join them, fretting over her daughter.

.
▷▷▷
.

Scott had called his mom, warning her that Imogen was taking an injured Lydia to the hospital and to help her when she got there

Scott had called his mom, warning her that Imogen was taking an injured Lydia to the hospital and to help her when she got there. Melissa had prepared a gurney to take Lydia inside to get her treated.

Imogen sat beside Theo, nervously glancing around. She didn't know if the tourniquet had been enough and worried that Lydia wasn't okay. The last time one of her friends had been to the hospital was when Allison got stabbed by the oni. 

That was a time she didn't like thinking back since what happened after.

"She'll be okay." Theo said softly, his voice surprising her since she forgot he was there for a moment.

She glanced at him, "We can't know for sure." She muttered darkly.

"I know you don't trust me and that's okay. But I've heard about what happened to your uncle and—"

"How could you possibly know about my uncle?" She asked, eyeing him warily.

"People talk at school. They said he died and I remember when you and I went to school together that he was your only family left." He said, lying easily. He couldn't very well tell her that he had been watching their group for a while.

"Oh." She looked down, knowing that there were still some people in school who would talk behind her back about how her uncle was dead. They didn't know the real reason but the fact that she was without a family remained true. It wasn't like they knew that she was related to the Hale family either. "How did you even recognize me? I mean, it's been years."