sixteen

the mists at the peak of the wisteria forest surrounded mountain begin to slowly parades away. as the mighty sunshine blaze its shine across the horizon, a few remaining candidates of the demon slayer corps assembled there.

surrounded by purplish pink hues of wisteria flower, the crowd was left in avid silence, speechless. mixes of unspeakable emotions filled the atmosphere, anguish, tears and relief blended into one within their hearts.

tanjiro kamado, zenitsu agatsuma and a few others made their path up a mountain in search of the residence belongs to none other than gyomei himejima

tanjiro kamado, zenitsu agatsuma and a few others made their path up a mountain in search of the residence belongs to none other than gyomei himejima. after they successfully survived the some hellish training from the previous pillars they got trained under, these 'survivors' are going to go through the last training session.

the night before, the wind pillar, sanemi shinazugawa mercilessly chased his students out and they all had to take shelter at the house of other pillars that night. before dawn peeked through the horizon, the small bunch started their journey in search of the last trainer.

"hey, you know, we are all unlucky!"

all heads turned around to gaze at zenitsu, who was slowing his pace down and was left behind by the crowd. he looked down onto his feets and kicked some peebles on the rowdy path of the foot of the mountain.

"what's wrong, zenitsu?"

tanjirou sniffed the air. he could sense the changing aura around the blond haired youth, starting from the frown expression on his face to his low tuned voice.

"out of all the pillars, three of them are female. we went through mitsuri-san's training and both shinobu-san and shigure-san doesn't join the training. i wonder, where are they?"

zenitsu stiffled his sniff onto his sleeves. the crowds sweatdropped at his usual womanizer nature. tanjirou stepped back and patted on his shoulders, convincing zenitsu to not to worry about them.

as the demon slayers continued their journey, suddenly, zenitsu tugged onto tanjirou's patterned haori. his expression changed in a fearful yet drastic way. they began to question zenitsu because of his sudden action and he later explained the noises he heard. the loud booming of someone expressing anger towards another person.

they all decided to snuck into the bushes and followed zenitsu's steps to the weird sound.

tanjirou, and the rest of the bunches' eyes widened as soon as they neared the end of the tall trees, to a vacant land. there, a crowd of demon slayers was assembled. based on one of the fellas, the next final selection has begun and it looks like they will be welcoming newbies.

"woah! that lady is very gorgeous!!"

zenitsu squealed, but his hands was quickly stuffed with tanjirou's palm cups. the others placed their index fingers on their lips to remind zenitsu to be quiet.