nine

red light district arc
present

"two, three, four... four people has been slained."

shigure kneeled down and fluttered her eyes shut. she reached her hands down, feeling the brick-made roofs against her soft skin.

the black haired young lady is well known in the corps as someone with keen sense of touch. shigure is excellent at prediciting any movements or attacks and even the slightest matter, like the sudden change of aura around someone.

she could feel her joints tensed up, reading the situation underneath the roof. she heard no heartbeat, no calling for help and all of the aura surrounding her was filled with helplessness.

"damn, we are too late. no hope"

shigure lowered her voice by an octave, bumping fist onto her knees in a total dissapointment. obanai sighed under his mask, unsheathing his sword out of the sheath.

"they are normal demons. no brain, pathetic creature."

as soon as he muttered the last word, the last thing inside shigure's sight was blank. obanai jumped off the roof, landing in front of the two demons.

as one of the demon, rather skinny as if has not been well fed enough tries to assault. obanai uses his fifth form, slitthering and sneaked to it's back and slashed his special nichirin blade across the demon's neck.

the other demon freaked out, before trying to attack obanai. as soon as the male hashira tried to cut it off, it dissapeared in a flash of light.

"no way!"

shigure yelled, readying herself for a fight. she weighted onto her toes and heels, before launching herself up as if she was jumping on a trampolin.

the demon was running as fast as he could on the bricks walls passing the calm, silent nighbourhood.

as soon as he reached the end of the wall he is running on, he gazed to his back and sighed at the dissapearance of shigure trailing afternhim like a wolf chasing after a roaster.

"i... a... a-almost-"

he briefly was able to breath and out of sudden fell down to his knees. he could feel his lungs was being squeezed and will burst in any second. two shadow hand was strangling him as if he was atonned to commit death trial.

"what a pitiful sight"

"d-damn... hu-hu... man..."

"shadow breathing, third form..."

"shadow recluse"

shigure dashed at the speed of hurricane, running her special sword across the neck of the demon. it's severed head then perished in the dark of the dawnbreak but not it's sinful being for considering lust for human meat on top of truth.

"i hereby pray for your peace in the afterlife."

as much as shigure disgraced creatures called demon, in the deepest depth of her heart, she still value the humanity in them. she has a merciless side, but a softer one will take over her as soon as she was hit softly by reality, to the fact that demon are just pathetic creatures.

she clapped her hands soundlessly, shutting her eyes as she chanted buddism prayer taught by her fellow pillar senior, gyomei himejima.

later on, the dark haired assasin meet up with obanai, who seems to be judging her skill as of taking so long to finish a demon off. she just shrugged when obanai beligarantly cursed a word to her, before both of them continued their journey ahead.

"damn it, it's dawn already."

obanai commented, gazing his heterochromiac eyes up to the dark sky with a sheer gradient with the sun peeking over the mountains. shigure smiled softly, catching up with obanai who is not even concerned of her speed.

the two demons they have just slained has laid their journey back for almost half an hour.

×

"caw! caw! it's dawn! caw!"

tanjiro kamado's crow shrieked as he perked down onto his master's shoulder. tanjiro, who is still suffering from the poison spilled inside his veins tugged onto his demonic sister, nezuko, as she burnt the remaining poison away.

inosuke, the boar masked slayer slowly rise himself up on the top of the roof, approached by tanjiro who is as worried as ever towards him.

"monjiro! i'm hungry! guve me something to eat!!"

tanjiro could not help but to embrace inosuke, while crying in happiness as nezuko healed him down.

the supple, injured zenitsu trailed behind, severely injured with deep scratches all over his body and his face messily smeared with the ridiciulous makeup applied by tengen uzui, the sound pillar.

he ran towards the three of them and fiddled nezuko's kimono, asking her to heal him like she does to the other two.

the fight between tengen uzui and his allies  against a pair of upper moon six siblings has come to an end. the demons has been terminated by thevery power of the pillar himself and his potential allies.

"tengen-sama! please, hold on!"

makio blurted out, pressing a napkin onto tengen's cuts on the side of his head. suma, in the other hand could not hold her tears back so she cries helplessly while pressing a strap of clothes onto her husband's wounded masculine chest.

hinatsuru, the other wife, was busily bandaging tengen's amputated right hand at the level of his elbow. as she did so, she muffled her silent cry and tries her best to contain her emotion.

out of tengen's three wives, hinatsuru was the most matured one. she has wits that charmed tengen, until he proposed to her despite the fact that he has already in a marriage vow with makio and suma.

"don't die! don't die tengen sama!!"

suma's wails become louder, her tears rolling down her cheeks like waterfall. makio repeatedly asked her husband if she ever make tengen's wounds more hurtful whenever he pressed onto his flesh to stop the bleeding. the dying man, leaning onto a crumbled wall just smiled warmly, the smile that cured any disease in the whole wide world.

makio's eyes widened at the sight of him smiling. despite severely injured, he still keep up his generous smile to easen up the fear in his wives' hearts. deep down,he was crying due to the lain he bear.

"listen, girls... i... i had a last messag-"

"NO!! TENGEN-SAMA!! DON'T DIE YET!!"

"suma! shut up or i will fill your mouth with rocks!!"

makio threatened suma, picking up little peebles on the ground and threw two of them towards the co-wife. suma grunted, complaining makio's behaviour to her husband and tugging onto him tight.

"but tengen-sama!! he is ... he is gonna d-"

"SUMA!!!"

"you two! lower your voices will you? tengen-sama is speaking!!"

hinatsuru interrupted the noise, knitting her eybrows. the co-wives become silent, watching the usually calm and reserved hinatsuru suddenly expressed her anger towards them.

nezuko along with the trio rushed towards the small family. the little demon demonstrated her power, burning the remaining poison from the insides to out of the pillar. the wives screamed at her, trying to pinch her cheeks and spank her but as soon as tanjiro pulled her off from near the sound pillar, they watched in silence as his wounds healed in an instant.

as tengen immediately cured, he praised nezuko by patting her head. the wives feel a slight misunderstanding has laid nezuko back from doing her job, so they are all caught up in silence.

feeling the air has turned to be awkward, makio excussed herself to look for any incoming help. suma and hinatsuru still  insisted to treat his wound as well as checking on the trio's well-being.