Chapter three

Rahul POV
I can't believe that Nithika left me... for my so called friend Varun.

When Maa and Bindu aunty... no she told me to call her amma...asked me if I was fine with marrying Priya, I said yes.

I heard soft snores coming from Priya and I looked at my torso, engulfed by her arms. Guess someone sleep cuddles, I thought dryly.

I have to admit, I didn't really notice Priya, but she is cute. Her tiny perfect nose, rosy cheeks, rose colored plump lips, her long dark hair— did I mention it has red highlights in the sun— and her almond shaped black eyes.

Ok, I was amazed by her, but I don't know how to do this. Could I just search up on the internet and see what happens when your sisters best friend gets married to you because your bride runs off with your best friend? I don't think so...

"Bhaiya, were here," says the Uber driver.

I look down. "Priya, wake up!"

She stirs. "Five more minutes amma." She says and adjust her position.

I sigh. "Wake up."

She groans. "Ugh nanna; five minutes."

"Wake up Lasya Priya.

"Ugh Sri...noo."

"Priya."

"I said five—," she opens her eyes and shrieks.

"Finally." I mutter.

She quickly gathered herself and was her usual serene self. Maybe that's why I never noticed her, she's so calm.

"Oh Rahul, are we home?" She said blinking sleepily.

"Yes," I said not really paying attention.

"Is Sri here?"

"Yes,"

"What's for dinner?"

"Yes,"

"You'll take me to Sweden?"

"Ye—wait what!" I looked from my phone screen and found her with a smirk.

She flicked my forehead— or rather tried to.  She kept on jumping up and down but couldn't reach my head. Me, well I was smirking.

"Why are you so tall!! I'm not that short...,"She groaned.

I raised my eyebrow.

She sighed. "5'2 is not that short..."

I laughed. Priya was such a petite person, nothing wrong with that I suppose. I was 5'11.

She huffed. I smiled. She glared. I smirked. Finally she returned to her normal-Priya self.

"Shall we go inside?"

I sighed. Does she always have to put on such a calm facade? "Sure thing...,"

We walked in silence all the way to the doorstep, where maa had the arthi. Priya silent stepped in, and I followed her. Behind maa, I saw Sri teasing Priya. I glanced at her and saw her making some notions at Sri but she quickly stopped when she saw me looking. I just chuckled.

Priya cleared her throat. "So maa, if you don't mind, I have to get a file— for my case." Seeing my confused look she answered again. " I'm a lawyer. "

Maa slapped me in the arm. "You didn't know that?!"

I winced. "Look maa, I just married her. Also, no need to slap me."  I said with a cheeky grin. Maa just rolled her eyes and turned to Priya.

"Of course Lasu, you can definitely go." I turned to her.

" Lasu? " I asked with a smirk.

She glared. "don't call me that." She murmured to me. I have to admit. She's kinda cute when she's angry.

" I'll come! " said Sri.

Prius smiled at her. "Yay! Let's go Srinu!"

She grinned back. "Sure thing Lasi."

Priya groaned. "Why do I have to have so many nicknames."

I chuckle. Maa and papa laughed. Sri just smirked and dragged Priya outside, who have an apologetic look to us.

***

I shrugged the towel in my head. I had just taken a bath and was going down . To be truthful, today became stressful.

I hurried downstairs and say myself down at the taboe. Maa and papa were already there, serving themselves paneer tikka masala.

I was deep in though when maa interupted.

"What?" I said with a mouthful. Papa glanced at her and maa looked at him with a pleasing look.

"Look son, we know Priya wasn't exactly the woman you wanted to marry...,"

I sighed. He could say that again.

He continued. "But Lasya has done our family a great honor, and well...," He looked at maa nervously.

I groaned and ma interrupted . "Lasu is a sweet girl. We hope you try to make your marriage work"

I choked on my food and didn't respond. After some time, maa broke the silence.

"Nanna, your phone is ringing." I groaned and put my plate in the sink and trudged upstairs.

I lifted the phone without looking at it. "Hello?"

" don't even think about having a marriage with Priya. "

I gasped.

"Nithika? Where are you." I felt my heart crushing. " Why? "

She didn't respond but continued. "Dont settle down, Rahu..," She cooed. " I'm coming back for you, " and she ended the call.

"Hello? Nithu! Nithika! Nithya?"

I groaned. She really did hang up. What's wrong with her. What's wrong with me?

I sighed. There's one thing that everyone is missing. Something no one is understanding. I opened up my blog and started typing.

Why does no one understand. I didn't marry for love. I'll never love anyine , love doesn't exist! I only agreed to marry Nithu because we were childhood friends. And she was in love with me. I thought the marriage would work. But she left me. For Varun. My best friend. And then my sisters best friend for married to me instead. Love isn't real. It's stupid how many people believe in it. Now everyone want me to love Priya? Not possible not after...not after Divya...I'm ... Im

I shut my laptop and squeezed my eyes shut. I breathed in and out.

-the un -understandable .

I clicked publish and sighed. I only got married because my parents were nagging me. And they said the the business would be passed down to my cousin, instead of me, if I didn't marry.

I can't love Priya.

What no one knows is that...I knew her before my sister became friends with her in seventh grade.

We have history.

History that Priya will never forgive me for...

Heyy! It's me!how do you like the book! Vote if you like and comment for suggestions! Sorry for not publishing sooner! I promise I'll try to update very week.

See you later moi cheries!

-Adya🌺