9 shook his head.

9: Next question.

Peridot wanted to know what he was going to say, but she did say she wasn't going to talk about is he didn't want to. Plus, pushing the question might damage their relationship.

Peridot: Hm...well...

9: Actually, I want to ask you something. What do you think of me?

Peridot: Well, if you must know. Despite my slight distaste for you, you are incredibly intelligent. And I admire your knowledge of machines. All in all....you're above average.

9: Ah, I see....now how do you feel about me?

Peridot: Huh? What's the difference between this question and the last one?

9: Well, we have already established what I think about you. But how I feel about you?

9 hesitated for a moment.

9: .......I know this is sudden, and I don't know why....but I feel comfortable around you.

Peridot: What? How can you feel comfortable around me?

9: Well, I suppose it's because of what I said before. People have tried to use me in the past, and although we may not like eachother, it is nice to know someone wants me more than just personal gain, even if it is just business.

Peridot: Wait, you've never said anything about being used earlier. Who tried to use you?

9: ......Let's just say there's a reason why my guard is always up. Why I don't like to be with others. Why I.......nevermind...

9's expression had a slight hint of fear in it. Peridot was genuinely concerned about him.

9: Anyway, back to my question, how do you feel about me?

This should be an easy question, but ever since their talk on the ship, Peridot isn't actually sure. Maybe it's because she knows something horrible happened to him and she feels bad. Whatever the reason...she just doesn't know.

Peridot: I.......er......ask me again another time....

9 raised an eyebrow.

Peridot: I...*sigh* need to think about it.

9: Um....ok?

Peridot: You know what, forget this, let's focus on the mission.

9 got an alert on his tablet.

9: Speaking of.

9 pulled his tablet out.

9: Hm, well that was quick. The pad is repaired. We should head there immediately.

Peridot: Affirmative. The faster we get this done the better.

9: And Peridot? I want an answer for my question, if you don't mind.

Peridot just rolled her eyes. They began to wall to the nearest warp pad. She immediately started to think about how she could answer the question. Her thoughts were interrupted when she noticed 9 wasn't with her anymore. She turned around and saw him just standing there, staring at something with a blank expression. She followed his gaze and saw he was looking at a gem couple. One had just given the other a flower and the two happily hugged. Peridot snubbed her nose.

Peridot: Why do love companions show their affection for each other publicly? It honestly feels like they're showing off. Wouldn't you agree 9?

She looked at him, he was still staring, but now he looked....sad, and his mouth was quivering as if he was about to cry....