What's the most important things in a relationship?

A relationship is like baking a cake. 

You need; 
 A cup of sweetness
A table spoon of respect and 
A sprinkle of disagreements. 

Right ? 

Right ? 

Okay not really but it DOES play an awfully big role in making a relationship work. 

To make a good relationship function there are some core elements we all need . Like , Kind honest COMMUNICATION .  Without talking a relationship sees to exist and survive. It's simple ; the more you communicate the closer you'll be. 

You also need the WILLINGNESS to work through difficult times and disagreements. Just throwing in the towl when things get tough not only makes the situation tougher but also your relationship.  Having to deal with discomfort that comes with different opinions even if they don't match yours. 

You need A SENSE OF HUMOR , a little fun makes the relationship fun. What's better than being able to laugh for and with eachother in a  light hearted way ? A distraction like this from whatever is going in your daily life is just an added bonus ! Talk about things like what you like to do , places you'd like to go and how both of you like to have fun and do it ! The conversations doesn't always have to be heavy and serious ( though those are needed too ) have fun and live life with your partner! 

EMOTIONAL SUPPORT is a big thing we all need in a relationship. It's not only a shoulder to cry on or a way to blow off steam but it's a  let's you know your partner cares about you , your feelings and what you're going through. It's a way of lifting eachother up and letting the other person know you care . 

LOVE ! I can't stretch this enough. Love is the cornerstone of a good relationship . Without it we're all just empty shells wandering around. You need to be loved and feel loved as well as your partner. Show them that you appreciate them , that you care and love them. Let them know.  

COMPASSION and forgiveness . These will help you the most through a difficult time. When being together for a long time you'll experience and go through things together like losses , challenges and things you won't be able to fix. But with these as your  building blocks  , going through the storms will only make your relationship stronger. 

And last but certainly not the least ; being able to admit when you made a MISTAKE . Yup , this is a big one. Sometimes our egos get in the way of admitting when we were wrong and it can affect our relationship in a much bigger way than you'd think. But learning to understand and letting go of your mistakes - and your partner's -  will turn your life around in more ways then you think.  

So love your partner , share stories , hopes and dreams , laugh together,   But most importantly remember to have FUN ! Being in a relationship is fun it's so fun! So don't forget to enjoy every step of it along the way. 

Until next time,  

miss_marna signing off.