"I still think you're insane for doing all this." He turns to me with a small smile. "But you are right. There's been more and more people being put in the castle as prisoners. Florencia wants more werewolves and vampires to find more sacred beings and to hunt down the Gaia pack." Just as we've expected. "She's been demanding everyone to work faster, to get more people, and anyone who even thinks about resting or questioning her immediately gets killed. It's all just too much."

Someone is eager for her coronation, I see.

"And just like you said. I am privileged." Roman continued. "I want to use that to help the others. Those who don't have a choice, voice, and power." I gave him a nod, feeling relieved that I trusted the right person. I knew he's one of the good guys. "Not only that, but I also wanted to help you because we're friends. Or, I want to be." He added the last words quickly, giving me an apologetic look. "When we met, in the beginning, I admit that my intention was only to use you as access to Virgo. I've watched you and learned where you go to work, school, and even where you live."

I nodded, already knowing all that. "Right. Quick interruption. This one night, you were following me, right? It was like around the beginning of the month. The moment I stepped out of Virgo, I felt eyes on me. I remembered seeing red eyes all throughout my way home." It was when this craziness began. "That was you, right?"

The vampire nodded to confirm.

Well, that's one mystery solved.

"When we became friends and spent time together, I just felt that I shouldn't take advantage of you and your kindness. I didn't want you to get involve." I remembered when Roman told me that he isn't like the other guys. I thought he was the werewolf. Oh, the good old days. "I started to reconsider someone else for access to Virgo, or find an alternative. But then my sister..." He sighed, shaking his head. "She checked up on me to make sure I was doing my job, and she saw that I was distracted. And who was distracting me." That's why Zetta pretty much wanted to kill me when she met me, saying I was a distraction to her brother. "And so she threatened your life to make sure I focus. The picture that you saw... your picture with your name... It was Zetta's doing." The picture that Ivy shared of me and my name in the back repeatedly written in blood. "Zetta does not interact with seculars nor does she have sympathy for them. I knew she would go after you without hesitation just to make a point, so I just... I did what I was told."

Two mysteries solved.

I let out a sigh of relief and nudged Roman's leg with my foot. "Good to know you're not a sick psycho who stares at my picture and throws knives at it every night before bed."

Roman let out a brief, quiet laugh as he shakes his head. "Zetta is honestly just so far up Florencia's ass and will do anything she says."

I couldn't help but laugh at his tone, causing the vampire to grin and give another chuckle. "If cold-hearted witches are my type, I would be on her ass too." I shared, making Roman roll his eyes.

"What is your type, exactly?"

At that exact moment, I hear the common room's door open and in walks a black cat with brown eyes. He made an impressive jump from the floor, then hopped onto the table, to the couch, then crawled up to Roman's head and finally rested on the center table, pushing everything that was on his way except for the cookies. The cat sat down and stared at us for a second before starting to cough out a furball.

I then watched as the cat licks himself clean.

"I like a charming guy..." I trailed off, answering Roman's question as we faced the feline. "You know, the typical prince charming stuff."

Roman squinted his eyes and crinkled his nose. "Why does the cat smell like that."

"Like what?"