I could only shake my head, failing to produce any noise.

"She said no."

Ivy punched through the invisible wall surrounding her, frustrated with the dark haired boy. "No! Look! I already wasted enough time! I came all this way for you and you're coming with me and you are going to fight the Aquila coven and help me save everyone!"

"And why would I do that?"

"You seriously don't know anything, do you?"

Zander let out a scoff. "First of all, I was stuck as a cat for almost two years. Two! You try eating pure cat food for two years and see how you like it! Do you think cats get news? No! We get herring! So pardon me if I don't know anything! Also that's not even true! I do know things. Like, I know that Astoria thinks I'm pretty and I know that mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell."

"Oh my god." I slapped a hand on my forehead. Why is he like this? "Lady, will you just get to your point?"

"Yeah!" Zander exclaimed, crossing his arms. "We don't have all day. We got things to do. I need to find my red scarf that I absolutely did not misplace."

"You lost my scarf?!"

"I said I did not. Keep up, darling."

Ivy cleared her throat."Idiot." She muttered after an irritated sigh. "Let me just start by saying that the Aquila coven isn't even a group of witches anymore. It consists of one very powerful witch and several vampires and werewolves. They have been hunting down every sacred beings there is. They've taken Queen's Garden, which has a record of all the sacred beings that's ever received help, and that covers a lot of beings in this country. Name and location. I don't know exactly what their leader wants with them, but she's not killing them. Well, not all of them. Anyone who gets on her bad side or disagrees with her reaches their end. Execution is not her goal, but something she finds necessary to reach it. Whatever she plans to achieve, it involves kidnapping sacred beings. That includes innocent ones. Even children. Families. There are secular-sacred families being separated because of them."

Aquila coven: witch, vampires, werewolves. Queen's Garden. Execution. Separated families.

What.

What in the holy dark matter of galaxies?

"Maybe she's just throwing a party or something and needs people to be there." Zander shrugged his shoulders.

Before I could even blink my eyes, the growling woman broke through the invisible barrier that Zander has been trapping her with and charged at him. Caught off guard, the witch is pinned against the library's building with the werewolf's hand tight around his neck. She then spat out every word that came out of her. "Just because you don't care about your family doesn't mean I don't. Does not mean others don't. I lost members of my pack to her and I'm not planning on losing anyone else. You are a witch of the Ignis coven and you are supposed to help those who are in need. And right now, we need a savior."

"Savior?" Ivy's hand was then forced to release Zander's neck as his skin glowed red for a second. He laughed humorlessly, violet eyes darkening and hands caressing his neck. "Sorry to disappoint, but you got the wrong guy. I'm not a savior. I can't help you. I'm not part of Ignis. Not anymore. I never was. You wasted time looking for the wrong witch. I'm not going back to Queen's Garden."

And with that, his figure had shifted from human to feline, shedding all his clothes. The black cat jumped off the pile of clothing and ran away from the scene as fast as he could. Ivy could have shifted to her wolf form and chase the witch, but I saw that she let him get away. Instead of running after him, she stayed where she is, looking up at the sky with her eyes closed.