"I know." He nodded. "I'm coming with you." He stated, relaxing on his seat.

"Oh? Says who?"

"Says me."

I raised a brow. "Why?"

"Because..." He trailed off, biting his lip and fiddling with is fingers. "Because... Because I want to learn stuff."

"I'm sure you know what an Internet is. Go use one of Orion's computers. Google yourself. Watch cat videos on Youtube. Stalk people on Twitter. Watch Game of Thrones -- though make sure you stop at season 8 episode 3. The rest don't count. The internet is a scary but amazing thing, go crazy."

Zander turned to me and clasped his hands together. "Please take me with you." His eyes turned into a brighter shade of violet while his pupils dilated. "Please. I was stuck as a cat for almost two years. I don't want to stay inside as a cat. Have mercy." I pursed my lips and tried not to smile as he continued to beg. "I'll be good. I promise. I will do anything you ask."

"Anything?"

He nodded vigorously. "Yes."

"Okay. Go home."

The witch's mouth dropped before leaning over towards me and sinking his teeth on my right shoulder. I scooted away from him, snickering. "You're not a cat. It's weird when you do that."

He looks like Grumpy Cat right now. "I'm going to keep biting you if you don't take me with you."

Seeing as I'll be late for class if I don't leave now, I gave a defeated sigh. "Fine. But you can't just wander around. You have to stay in the library." Zander beamed and nodded happily. "Now put on your seat belt."

He tried.

He really did.

He kept pulling it hard, so he couldn't properly put it across his body.

I had to lean over him to grab the seat belt gently, but made sure to narrow my eyes at him. As I was buckling him up, Zander's hand went to my back and pushed me towards him, making me hit his chest. "Zander."

"You smell so nice." He whispered, rubbing his cheek against mine.

I pulled back, feeling my face heat up. "Whatever. I'm going to be late. Let's go."

"Yay!"

On the way to school, Zander had his head out the window, enjoying the summer breeze. He was also toying with the radio stations, changing them constantly. Eventually, he found a song he liked, though he didn't know the lyrics and ended up singing gibberish out loud. I could only sit and drive and hold my laughter.

***

"Here's twenty dollars but do not waste it on anything. The cafeteria is over there." I pointed to the silver colored building across from us. "Only buy food when you're hungry and do not buy a lot because twenty bucks will only get you a small meal and a drink. Food is expensive. Behind the library, there's a mini park with old classrooms that no one really goes to. Just go there if you want to stretch a leg, or four." Zander glared at me, not at all amused. "I have to go to class but I'll come back around one, okay?" His attention is on a squirrel in front of us. "Piece of advice, squirrels in any school campus are a different kind of breed. Don't go near them."

"Pfft. I can take on a squirrel. I'm a witch."

Zander bent down to pet the squirrel in front of us. As soon as the animal saw Zander's hand coming close, it let out a cry and jumped on the witch boy's hand. He screeched and waved his hand, but the squirrel wouldn't let go. Before I could help him, Zander's left hand suddenly caught on fire. Or rather, a small ball of fire appeared out of nowhere and hovered over his palm. The squirrel was forced to jump off him, unable to withstand the heat, and the fire vanished.