Chapter Eight: Kickstart My Heart

"I swear Andie I never thought in a million years that I would ever let your secret place be known to anyone!" Robin exclaimed, shaking her hands wildly into the air for emphasis.

"Calm down Robin, I never said you told anyone. I was simply thinking out loud. I've never told anyone else about my secret place, I'm just curious how he knew exactly where I was." Andie stated as she unrolled the curlers from her hair.

"Yeah, yeah. It is strange, he comes off as such a dick. Wonder why he came looking for you. The dude acts like he owns every girl in that school. It's better things to end the way they did with him, he's bad news." Robin said as she laid sprawled across Andie's bed, occupying herself with scratching the already chipping paint on her bed post.

Andie facial expression twisted into a frown as she listened to Robin, as she quickly applied some mascara to her dark lashes.

"Andie..." Robin said as she shifted her attention to the mirror Andie was sitting in front of.

Andie paused, swiveling her body in her wicker chair to face her lifelong friend.

"Yes?" She questioned.

"Why are you curling your hair, and applying makeup, and wearing that ridiculous outfit...?" Robin stated as her face twisted into a mix of confusion and disgust.

Andie shifted nervously in her wicker chair as she tried to avoid the conversation.

"Andra Rose Sullivan. What the hell are you doing?" Robin question as she launched from the bed and sprang to her feet, grabbing the arm rest of the chair and spinning it to face her.

"Nothing Robin, what's wrong with me dressing up every once in a while? Andie said as she laughed as she shifted nervously in her whicker chair and pushed past Robin, turning her attention to her closet.

Maybe if I change and go with a subtle, yet edgy look she won't catch on to me...Andie thought to herself as she ran her slim fingers over the various patterns and materials that cluttered her closet.

Suddenly Andie paused, as Robin kept murmuring different scenarios to herself on why her best friend was keeping a secret from her.

Why am I dressing up, could it be I'm falling for such a egotistical man such as Billy? No. No. No. I refuse to become one of his air headed bimbos that praise his every move.

A quick image of Billy ran through Andie's brain as she remembered the other night when he dropped her off at her car.

"Your really gonna meet my parents?" Andie said as she leaned against the hood of her car, crossing her arms and scowling at Billy.

Billy scoffed and walked to her side, taking out another cigarette and flicking his lighter to life to light the end.

"Princess. One thing you should learn about me is I don't lie." As he pressed the cigarette to his lips.

Andie gaze lingered far to long as he she watched him inhale, getting lost in how perfect his freckles outlined the bridge of his nose.

Feeling her cheeks warming, she busied herself in wrapping her sweater tighter around her.

"I don't believe you." Andie said as she shifted a small distance away.

"Why wouldn't you believe me?" Billy said with another scoff. Sticking the cigarette between his lips he leaned off the hood, and coming face to face with Andie.

Andie kept her gaze on Billy's steel toed boots, afraid to make eye contact.

"What is wrong with me, get a grip girl. These feelings, they are just because he's telling you what you wanna hear."

She thought to herself as she squeezed her eyes shut and tried to shove the thought of his blue eyes staring at her.

"Andie, look at me." Billy stated as he blew smoke into the night air.

Andie eyes shot open as she slid off the hood off her car and started towards the drivers side.

Andie once more felt Billy's large hands wrap themself around her hips, and turn her towards him. Andie's hands landed on Billy's bare chest, where the few top buttons had purposely been left open for display of his tan chest.

Andie face once again burned as his body pressed against Billy's.

Billy's cigarette has been discarded, as he let one hand lightly travel up Andie's side and to her chin, lifting it up to meet his gaze.

"Answer the question Andie, why don't you believe me?" Billy said softly, as his thumb began to trace her jawline.

Andie felt herself losing her thoughts again, the same control he had on her in that closet back at Tina's Halloween party.

It had been a few months since then but the feeling had intensified....

"I...I um." Andie stuttered as her eyes began to flutter and her breathing increased.

"Wow, I'm that good huh?" Billy gave a small laugh, and Andie made note on how addicting that could be.
When Billy was happy, he was a whole other person. He seemed to be another person when he was with her entirely, but why she couldn't understand.

Andie felt herself relax, as she rolled her eyes at his words. She removed his hand from her face, and shoved away from him.

"Your reputation, the way you are around women...well maybe that's why I can't trust you. How can I believe you?" Andie said with a small defeated look on her face.

"Listen princess, flirting is not lying. And my reputation, well I guess that's up to you to find out if it's real or not." Billy smiled and gave a small
smirk and started walking back towards his car.

Andie took in his words as she still felt unhappy by his response, could she really trust him?