Chapter 16 : Let's get ready to rumble

Start from the beginning

A light rap on her door was the only sound in her room before the door oushed open and Ian stood in leaning aginst the frame.

He silently watched Rose in her comprising position splayed on her bed.
Rose lifted her arm before rising to her elbows to cast an inquiry look at Ian.

Eye brow arched," What?"

" You doing okay Ro?", he asked as he stepped into the room.

" Just peachy," Rose dropped back down onto her bed just as he settled his weight next to her sitting at her hip looking down at her.

Rose couldnt help but be reminded of their youth together, often they would have moments like this.

Rose huffed before she rolled over onto her side , away from him. Ian chuckled at her antics and laid down next to her. Rolling back over to settle into his side, the pair stared at the ceiling together. Silently soaking in the company of one another.
Tomorrow they would be on a private jet, like the one that had brought her here. Bur now instead of flying to safety, Rose and Ian would be flying off to Miami.

The place their hit was last seen.

The place he would die.

...

Rose didnt know qhen she had fallen asleep, nor did she know when Ian had fallen asleep next to her. All she knew was that she was wide awake now, heart pounding and undergarments damp.

She had , had a wet dream. A most body arching one at that. She had dreamed of rough hands, tattoos and motorcycles.

Blowing a raspberry Rose detangled herself from her friends sleeping grip to stand. Grabbing her carton from her side table she left the room and made her way out to the veranda of their safe house.

Rose lit her cigarette and casted her eyes out onto the black abyss of the italian country side where they hid. A plume of grey smoke danced in the air around her face.

Leaning against the rail, she knew she was a sight to see. Hair messy, face flushed, body hot wrapped in only her black undergarments and army green t shirt that barely came below her butt. Standing in the moon and starlight with her plump lips wrapped around a cigarette.

Exhaling another breath, the veranda door behind her opened, and arms so familiar enveloped her waist.
Withiut looking she brought the cigarette up to the side of her head. Ian bent his head down to take a drag from the stick between her fingers. His hands splayed open over her hips, his toned body pressed against her back.

Not quiet big enough of a body to match the memory touch of the one from her dreams. But Rose knew this would do.
It was one of the things they shared, her and Ian.

In the quiet nights when lust filled their veins, and the person responsable for their torment isnt there to quench their thirst, they fought and found solice in one another instead.

Even in their youth, they had comforted one another in such an embrace. Never truly catching feelings and making things messy, their bond was too deep for petty thungs to get in the way. Even after the years away without contact. They had fallen right back into routine as soon as they were reunited.

She was there the nights to hold him when his heart had been broken as a boy.

He was there for her when her body burned for another mans touch, one she couldnt have anymore.

Rose stubbed out the ember on the tobacco snd turned in Ians arms. His sharp features looks down at her with an equal fire in his eyes.
Equal to the fire she felt in her loins and stomach.

It was a look of raw and simple lust, a fire for touch only. A need to simply fullfil a need.

He bent his head down and captured her lips before gathering her in his arms and taking them back inside to either ones room.

By sunrise both Rose and Ian were showered, dressed and ready ,on their way out the door.

Taking a black escalade to the hanger, Ian drove smoothly and swiftly. Their arrival exactly on time, their plan was going accordingly, as always.

Rose, dressed in white leggings and a white matching sports bra top, emerged from the car and waved a hand at the suit clad men before making her way to the stairs of the jet.

The men took both her and Ians bags and set them in the luggage compartment of the jet before getting into the still running escalade and leaving the hanger. Ian stepped abord the plane with a giddy expression, raising the stairs and closing the door behind him. Rose had kicked off her shoes and was stretched out on a cream couch in the cabin. While Ian made his way to the cockpit to pilot the aircraft alone.

" Ro, you buckled in?", Ian called as he sat strapped the the pilot chair, flipping switches and checking gauges.

" Aye aye Capt'n!", Rose called back.

" And we are off, thank you for flying airline Eyes", Ian joked to himself.

The jet began creeping out of the hanger and onto the runway, before pulling up into the sky. The turbulence barely even phasable to either occupants.

And they were off in the sky.