15

The glow steadied to alight the entire cavern as if in high noon. It became calmed enough for the sorcerers to look up. Where the Prophecy had stood now opened up into a beautiful cloudscape. Mist spewed over the edge into the cavern where they stood as the Gods moved forward with open arms. Or at least those that had arms did at any rate.

Cienn recognized Majran first and crossed his arms in irritation, though his eyes shown with gratitude.

"Took you long enough," he said acidly, but his heart wasn't in it. Kain, who had been bowed to the floor praying at this most holy of visitations gasped at Cienn's tongue-in-cheek greeting to the Gods and rose to tug at his sleeves.

"Those are the Gods Cienn!" he whispered. Cienn merely slapped at his tugging grip.

"Stop that!" he said in frustration as the holy assembly chuckled. Kain froze and turned to stare at them as if broken.

"The Gods just laughed." He said, his mouth twitching. This was not how he had expected a meeting with the Gods to go.

-Calm yourself my son, - said the God at the center. Cienn had expected it to be Majran since She was the head of the Pantheon, but instead it was a pale skinned man with glowing white eyes and dark blonde curly hair. He smiled down at them with an actual full face that was dotted with distinct freckles. Cienn started at the words the God chose for Kain. His son? As if He'd felt Cienn's stare He turned to him and said:

-I am Movek Cienn, the God of Humanity and Magic.- Kain let out a sudden squeak and trembled next to Cienn, who's mind flashed back to the undine in the pool and his term for the young mage. Movek chuckled. -You heeded my Cousin's message and have found the truth of the Prophecy. You have defied the odds with an ease that some of us,­- He paused to look over His shoulder at first the great purple dragon that coiled over and over Himself in the corner and then to the short bearded man that glowed with firelight. Qipori the Dragon God scoffed. -Thought impossible. But I for one am filled with gratitude for your sacrifices. What you read is indeed the truth, the Gods wish not for a son of any of the Gods back on the Sundastian throne, - Majran broke into Her brother's speech.

-But a true daughter of Majran to sit at the Crown, as Sundast once did and always should have.­- She winked at Cienn, who found no amusement in this revelation. Why hadn't the Gods just told him that in the first place? It would have saved so much time. Kain looked near feint at their interaction. Cienn was honestly surprised the man who'd told him the Gods like fun and happiness better than quiet and ritual was so surprised by their personalities. He felt oddly relieved that he wasn't to be king, even if he now had the added worry of his sister's life in his hands. He looked to the dazed Kain and furrowed his brow. If he wasn't to be king anymore didn't that mean...?

-Yes Cienn, - Movek interjected kindly. It was so nice to see a God that used a mouth to speak for once, even if His voice did leave Cienn with a slight headache. Movek continued. -Your path has always led to him. Your love is to be a shining beacon of its own for the return of the rightful Gods. With him, you Cienn can do anything.- He reached out to them and took both their hands and gently cupped them together in His own. He leaned forward and kissed each of them on the cheek. His lips left a slight burn on Cienn's face, but it was surprisingly enough a pleasant burn. -You have always had my blessing. - Cienn turned to look at Kain who had already shifted his gaze to Cienn with awed delight. Cienn's face broke into a relieved smile as his vision blurred and he squeezed Kain's hand. Kain reached his other hand up to cup Cienn's cheek once again. This time it made Cienn laugh in surprise and lean in gratefully to the touch. They leaned forward towards each other, finally able to -

-Quickly now! - Bitepu said behind Her cousin, Her great bird eye staring down at the couple and breaking the moment into pieces. Cienn frowned angrily as Kain snapped back to look at the phoenix Goddess. -There is not much time. Itellia has come and we will need you on the battlefield to bring us victory if we are to defeat her ourselves and send her back to the Void for the time being. - Cienn forgot his missed kiss as reality sank in. Itellia was on the Mortal Plane? But that was impossible wasn't it?