Part 26

Everything was a mess and Amy hated it. It was four days after she died and she still couldn't wrap her head around it. But things were only getting worse. Michael wouldn't leave her alone for even a second. At one point she'd had to scream at him because she couldn't even go for a piss in peace. She knew he was dealing with his own shit about what happened but he was being more clingy than usual and she felt smothered by him. Cordelia had ruled that Jessica was to be burned at the stake. Everyone agreed, especially Michael. But Amy, she didn't. It had shocked everyone when she told Cordelia not to do it. That she didn't need to die because of this. Yes, Amy had died, but now she was back again. She begged Cordelia to just shun her from the coven and be done with it. It had stunned everyone and the look Michael had given her had been so murderous that if looks could kill, she'd be back down in hell all over again. Cordelia shut her down though. She deemed Jessica a threat to the coven. That if they were to send her away she might retaliate and she had darkness inside of her, Michael was proof of that. Cordelia had said how Michael wanted to kill Jessica, but once Amy asked him to stop, he did instantly. And that if the Antichrist could reign himself in, that Jessica should have been able to do the same. Amy didn't like any of it. The thought of a girl dying because of her made her sick. Putting blood on her hands that she didn't want. She thought it was all unnecessary. And she told them all what she thought and that she wouldn't be present when it happened.

"Michael, please don't do this," Amy pleaded weakly. She was so sick of fighting. She felt like all they'd done this past few days is fight over this and it was only made more awkward since he never left her side, even when they fought.

"I'm going and that's final," was his harsh reply as he put on his dress jacket. She wiped a hand over her face with an exasperated sigh. Today was the day of the burning and Michael was going. But he wasn't just going, he had requested to Cordelia that he be the one to light the fire. When Amy learnt about it she had been so horrified she gave him the silent treatment for a whole day but he hadn't budged on the issue. Cordelia had been surprised by the request and unsure, but Michael had been brutally honest with her. He told her everything that happened from his point of view and even, unknowingly to Amy, told Cordelia of what he witnessed in the girl's personal hell. It had bothered Cordelia so much that she agreed, wanting him to have closure too. Michael had told her Amy was his soulmate and she knew how much this had affected him too. She hoped this would help him be able to move past it all.

"You don't have to do this Michael!" Amy sighed.

"Yes I do!" he bellowed as he turned to glare at her. The mirror on the vanity cracked behind him and she blinked at him. She wasn't scared of him but she didn't appreciate his tone.

"I know you went through a lot, but so did I! I was the one to dive in after you! I was the one to pull your lifeless body out of the lake! You went through your personal hell and I went through mine that day!" he yelled as his voice cracked. She lowered her eyes unable to look at him. They had both been through a lot, that she would never deny. But she didn't agree with this.

"I'm going and nothing you say will stop me," he bit out before he stormed out of the room and slammed the door, making her flinch.

It was dark by the time Michael came back. Amy had sat at the desk trying to read to take her mind off things but it didn't work. She was distraught, knowing the girl's life was ending and it was all about her. It didn't sit right with her at all. When Michael walked in, she smelt it right away. The fire scent wasn't his own that soothed her and it made bile rise in her throat. She didn't spare him a glance as she turned the page in her book, trying to look busy. She heard him behind her getting undressed and she could feel his eyes burning into her. She didn't utter a word in his direction though. She heard him heave a sigh and his bed groaning as he got in it, yet again she didn't say a word. She stayed at the desk for hours more, hoping he would be asleep. But when she stood up, he was lay watching her with a blank expression. She turned her eyes from him and walked over to her bed, clearly surprising him as he sat up. They'd shared a bed since they started this thing and now she wanted to be nowhere near him. She climbed under her covers with her back to him without a second glance.