Chapter Thirteen: Prospects & Positions

A loud thumping knock on the door has Jungkook groaning and cursing at the unwanted visitor. The early birds chirp quietly out the window, the sight of dawn just barely cusping over the horizon line. The king and his lover were up far too late in the evening, taking time to mark Taehyung's body with hickeys and love bites to misdirect the doctor. However, now that it is morning, Jungkook is desperately trying not to shout at the person on the other side of the door. When he finally throws it open, a man stands framed in the doorway, his body clad in the traditional white cloak, shirt, and trousers of a doctor. The man smiles brightly and bows, his dark hair falling in his face before he stands straight once again.

"Good morning, Your Majesty, my name is Seokjin, and I will be the doctor examining the little lamb today," the man chimes and Jungkook sighs, running a hand through his shaggy hair

"Good morning, Your Majesty, my name is Seokjin, and I will be the doctor examining the little lamb today," the man chimes and Jungkook sighs, running a hand through his shaggy hair. He doesn't care that he's standing in front of this man in nothing more than the cotton breeches he thought to throw on before sleeping last night. Instead, his mind focuses on the term this doctor used for his Taehyung.

"I'd really rather you not call him 'Lamb'. He doesn't like it," Jungkook mumbles, and Jin's eyes widen softly.

"My apologies, my king. I will take that into consideration," Seokjin murmurs before glancing around the dark room, "Will you please wake him? I'd like to get my examination on its way, and I have a very busy day ahead of me. Not all of us can sleep past dawn, y'know," the doctor chimes, though his chipper voice just annoys Jungkook.

"Apparently, neither can the king," Jungkook grumbles before wandering across the room where Taehyung sleeps. The small boy is clad in just Jungkook's large long-sleeved shirt, the fabric loose around his neck and barely tangling along his thighs. Jungkook gently grasps his shoulder and shakes him, the small gesture waking Taehyung immediately and he sits up, rubbing his eyes.

"My king...what is it...?" Taehyung sleepily asks as he stares at Jungkook with curious eyes. Jungkook points towards the doctor and Taehyung's eyes instantly widen, "Oh, hello. I'm sorry, I didn't see you there,"

"He's here to examine you, kitten. I'm going to step out...you'll be fine," Jungkook quietly says, his eyes filled with a fondness that surprises Seokjin. The doctor was told about the lamb's situation by Namjoon, yet he never said anything about the emotions burning through the king's sweet gaze right now.

"Okay..." Taehyung mumbles and Jungkook looks away, his eyes returning to their normal cold, slightly harsh, stare as he looks at the doctor.

"You have ten minutes before I come back in here. Try anything, and I won't hesitate to kill you," Jungkook coldly growls, his words sending a shiver down Seokjin's spine before he bows his head in respect.

"I do not doubt it, my king," Seokjin murmurs as Jungkook storms past him and out the door. Silence consumes the two men left in the room before the doctor sighs and looks over at the slightly scared boy still sitting in bed.