Chapter Twenty-Two: The Fire Within

It's Monday morning. I've had like four hours of sleep, but the tea is hot and I'm off for the day so I am FINALLY finishing this chapter. Hope you enjoy!

**SMUT WARNING!**

Silence fills the warm room as Jungkook takes in everything he sees. His eyes are glued to the Desert Prince, his mind struggling between what he had just done and where he is now. Taehyung sits there in silent perfection, the chain around his neck and the iridescent golden swirls all gleaming in the firelight. His soft ebony hair is fluffed and curled around his perfectly chiseled face, and yet the look in his eyes is warm and inviting. The only sound that wraps around them is the crackling of the fire as it fills the large chamber with a hazy warmth. The king's mouth opens, and yet no words come out. As much as he is being seduced by the boy in front of him, he is also cautious, that paranoid voice in the back of his mind questioning Taehyung's bare state. His tongue flicks out onto his lips before he finally summons a cohesive thought.

"This is quite the greeting..." he starts, body frozen despite Taehyung's alluring state, "What...what is the occasion?"

"Does there have to be an occasion...?" Taehyung asks, his deep voice luring the king to take a step closer. And then another.

"No..." Jungkook's hand moves to touch the caramel skin of Taehyung's cheek, the passion within trying desperately to snuff out the paranoid thoughts as the prince leans into his gentle touch. His skin is so warm and enticing, that it takes everything in the king to restrain himself, "I just wasn't expecting you to be all painted and pretty for me," he admits, his voice cracking with lust and desire. A fiery satisfaction rushes through him when he sees the shy blush creep along Taehyung's cheeks and up to his ears as the prince looks down at the swirls on his body.

"I...I wanted to do it...in my culture, it is important," Taehyung murmurs before turning his lips so they rest on the king's palm. He gives the calloused skin a small kiss, his long fingers wrapping around Jungkook's wrist slightly, "Come, my king, you promised you'd relax tonight..." Jungkook smiles as Taehyung peppers light kisses from his palm to his fingertips, golden eyes blazing with a warmth that scorches through the cold king. Especially when he sees no hesitation in Taehyung's gaze. He only sees the trust and longing that rolls off the prince in waves. But then he remembers what he did. That these hands are tainted by Lord Herrix's blood and he immediately pulls away from the shirtless prince.

"I killed a man tonight. I should...I need to wash off..." Jungkook says, his mind a cacophonous whirl of thoughts. This is who he is. The Blood King. There is no changing that, and yet he doesn't want to share that corrupted fate with Taehyung. The almost perfect creature who seems to be glowing amongst the bedsheets as the gold spirals on his skin flash in the firelight when he begins to move.

"I thought you might want to, so I drew a bath for you," Taehyung softly says, his deep voice so luring and comforting to Jungkook. The blankets fall away to reveal white cotton pants that dance and billow around Taehyung's legs. Jungkook just watches him move, each step illuminated by the warm fire light. When the prince reaches up to touch the buttons on Jungkook's chest, the king pulls away once again.

"I don't want you to get blood on you," Jungkook softly says as he quickly strips from his clothes, uncaring if Taehyung is looking or not. His shirt and trousers fall quickly to the floor, leaving his pale, muscular, and scarred body for Taehyung to stare at as Jungkook climbs into the tub. A small sigh escapes the king's lips before he grabs the bar of soap and begins to scrub at his skin. His movement is obsessively aggressive, the soap lathering and foaming around his hands and forearms as he washes away at them. His thoughts can only focus on ridding the blood from his hands even if it is long washed away and no longer stains him with red.