Key // Chapter 5

*Ivan's POV*

I threw the first punch. Or was it him? My mind blurred with the words in my head, "Protect Alfred." Blood sprayed across the wall, was it mine? Adrenaline pumped through my veins, preventing me from feeling the knee that was dug into my abdomen. My sliver locks intertwined with my eyelashes. My eyes, full of fury. I could feel the iron smelling blood spilling out of my lip. My face was knocked with another punch, spinning me out of my thoughts.

Viktor stood at the other side of the room, his back hunched in pain. Crimson red blood seeped out of his forehead. His hair, no longer pale blonde, but a dark black. Alfred had his hand planted to the door knob, obviously torn to leave or fight along side me. My fist clenched as Viktor regained his posture, a throaty chuckle leaving him. Red eyes pierced me as he spoke those damned words..

"Your playing the wrong game, Ivan."

I charged towards him again, fire in my veins and murder in my mind. Alfred let out a shriek and I head-butted into the wall. My head spun as I landed flat on my ass. "Are you okay?!" Alfred was suddenly at my side, looking down at me. Disbelief stained my face, "God damn it..." I whispered. I stood on my feet once more. "Holy shit Ivan your bleeding bad!" Alfred touched the wound on my busted lip.

"I'm fine, I promise." I pushed his hand away. "Stay here and rest." I began to walk away. "What?! Wait, where are you going?" Alfred grabbed my hand. I looked back at him, his eyes still pleading, obviously still in heat. I tore my hand away, "To figure out what the fuck just happened."

The door slammed and I locked it behind me. Alfred would most-definitely try and get out and I cant risk him getting attacked again. I walked far enough for Alfred not to hear me and slumped against the wall, slowly falling down until I was sitting against the wall.

Hot tears leaked from my eyes. sobs and whimpers erupted from my mouth. Loud hiccups escaped me. I put my head in my hands and kept on crying. When i said i'd never seen anything like what Alfred had seen, it was only partly true. I've never seen the 2ps disappear, but i have met them. The last time a saw Viktor was over 100 years ago. Had he always had that scar on his cheek? His red eyes, were they always that red? I was scared. scared! I've never been scared of anyone. I've been broken and rebuilt and broken and rebuilt again. Yet Viktor. He scared me. I still remember those words, "Your playing the wrong game, Ivan." Those stupid fucking words! The same words he spoke to me when I last saw him. I hoped and prayed I would have to never see him again. But now he's fucked everything up, hasn't he? That's what he always does.

"Yeah, keep on crying."

"You're an idiot."

"You'll never be worth anything."

God, is it true? Am I worthless? Am I an idiot? Am I a crybaby? They have to be true. I mean, look at me now. But why is he back now? What? For Alfred? That cant be the only reason. He has to be back for something-

and it hit me. "Fuck!" I stumbled to my feet, almost falling in the process. How could I forget?! I ran so fast my feet barely touched the floor. The hallway walls rushed past me and my eyes searched frantically for that room. I skidded past the door and rushed inside, instantly falling to my knees and my hands to my side. There were papers scattered all over the floor, drawers hung out of the desk, the books' pages were torn out and strung across the bookshelf. Tears stung my eyes, my headache pulsed, and my heart stopped.

Viktor had the key.

~~~~~~~~~~~
ack i know ive been gone for forever!! sorry!! i will continue this story, but you know me, its gonna take a while. This chapter is so short sorry! but hopefully i can make the others longer. love y'all!

bye! 💖