Chapter II: Born From A Wish

It was time for the next lecture in Pantheon-Sorbonne University. The bells rang and many of the students rushed inside campus. Sall and his friends were all standing up by now, and Sam got the bike up and standing on its wheels. As he got up on it, he looked back towards Sall and wondered what kind of plan he has for now. Evangeline, Evanka and Jacquie rubbed the dust and dirt off their dark clothes then gazed towards their black eyed friend with concern. Pierre and Aiden stood beside each other, looked one another in the eyes briefly with a grim expression on their face as if they're wondering what's going on, then back at their mysterious friend.

"I'm going with Sam on the bike. You guys separate in two groups and take a couple of cabs." Sall spoke out in a monotone, getting up and behind his blonde buddy.

"Sall, why are you doing this? Can't you just tell us the story here?" Evangeline, his older cousin wondered. Jacquie placed her hand on her shoulder as if she's telling her it's okay.

"You're my special friends, and I want you to see how special that place is to me." He gazed the others with a loving, smiling expression, then signaled Sam to take off.

Right when the two started leaving the scene, the others kept their eyes locked at them from the distance. Then, they had agreed to split into two groups as Sall suggested. Evangeline, Evanka and Pierre would be the first, and Aiden and Jacquie in the second. The five left the bounds of their University and called in for a couple of cabs, waved at each others and boarded the cars. The guys got in the front seat of their cabs respectively while the girls sat behind them. In Sall's cousins and Pierre's side, they had all been feeling really weirded out by their friend's actions. It's almost as if he's acting insane or unnatural. Evangeline sat next to Evanka, and the latter was behind Pierre's seat. Evanka's colorful eyes stared at her lap as she fiddled with her sleeves, lost in her thought.

"Angie," she spoke to her older sister and called her by her nickname. "How come Sall never told us about this girl, even though he'd always spend lots of time with us?" A strand of her dirty blonde dyed hair fell from behind her ear, covered the side of her face and her eye from Evangeline.

"I don't think it's all about the girl, Eva," the older girl called her sibling by nickname as well. "I think he's trying to tell us something else." She looked through the window, watching the streets of Avenue de Suffren pass her by.

Meanwhile, Jacquie and Aiden's car was right behind. The female sat at the tail of the front seat, and seemed busy thinking about something. After all, she's the one that knows more than the others. She was worried Aiden might end up interrogating her for what she knows. He was one of Sall's best friends, so he too must've definitely been hurt that she knows more than him. At least that's what she thought after Sam's reaction back in University. She adjusted the round glasses she wearing with both of her hands and had second thoughts about to talking to the male sitting infront of her.

"Aiden, I-" She leaned in, placing her chin on the side of the top of his seat.

"I'm positive that what you know isn't that much of a big deal, and I'm sure he'll tell us today," he interrupted her, his eyes still locked forward on the road. "Besides, Sall must've seen something in you."

"What do you mean?" Jacquie wondered, turning her eyeballs to the side to look at him.

"Something about you made him think you'd understand him more than us," Aiden answered, not moving a single inch. "That's why he told you first."

"So you're not hurt that I know?" She asked, worried about his opinion of herself.

"Not at all. If anything, it must be my fault that I haven't been a good friend of Sall's." He looked down on his lap, his eyes not showing any emotion, but deep inside he was troubled with thought.